Where to Register Client Scripts in Custom Control?

Earl Teigrob

I am just trying to determine the best place to register client scripts
using methods like Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock within my custom control.
At first I put them in the CreateChildControls method but this generated
errors when "ensure child controls" forced it to run early. Now I added the
scripts an override on the PageLoad event and this seems to work. Is this
the normal place to run the registration scripts from?

Thanks for you help!

Earl