    How? And where are the settings?

    I'm new to ASP.NET. So far, everything's going well but it's the
    stuff not in books that keeps tripping me up!

    ssg31415926, Aug 31, 2007

  2. ssg31415926

    Alex Meleta Guest

    Hi,

    In web.config's appSettings.
    And you can even add old config-file to web project with minimal changes,
    just update web.config with the string:

    <appSettings file="<name>.dll.config"/>

    Regards, Alex
    [TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com

    s> I've got a small web site and I've added some settings in appSettings
    s> which appear in web.config. So far, so good.
    s>
    s> I've just added a DLL to the site which was originally written to be
    s> called from a Windows Forms app. The DLL has a settings file
    s> (<name>.dll.config) when I use it in the Windows Forms app. I need
    s> to change the settings but can't find the settings file on the
    s> ASP.NET server. But it seems to be working.
    s>
    s> How? And where are the settings?
    s>
    s> I'm new to ASP.NET. So far, everything's going well but it's the
    s> stuff not in books that keeps tripping me up!
    s>

    Alex Meleta, Aug 31, 2007

  3. ssg31415926

    ssg31415926 Guest