Whether this problem with Refresh or target, I still not clearly understand about it

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by phal, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. phal

    phal Guest

    Hi, Everyone.

    I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about
    the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press
    F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame.

    I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the
    information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user
    to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will
    load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display
    information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well.

    Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
    Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

    I don't know whether using target or anyother method?

    Thank very much.

    Phal

    phal, Sep 14, 2005

  2. phal

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "phal" <> wrote in message

    > Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
    > Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

    I really don't follow what it is you're trying to do, but I can glean enough
    from your post that it's probably better suited to
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi or a group dealing with javascript. I
    don't think you can capture a refresh per se, but you might be able to make
    a work-around using onunload (coupled with a check of a form variable that
    only gets set when the user exits the page to some particular end).

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Sep 14, 2005

  3. phal wrote:
    > I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information

    [...]

    Would your question be any different if you were using C or Modula or
    Fortran as your implementation language? I don't think so.
    Therefore it has nothing to do with Perl, either.

    I strongly recommend to ask in a NG where people actually care about things
    like CGI, frames, updates, refreshes, loading stuff, and F5.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Sep 14, 2005
  4. There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said, and this goes for
    a lot of the posts I've read in here. People are just seeking help, not
    seeking critical people.

    Just refer the person to the newsgroup you recommend they use, and leave it
    at that. That's all that's necessary.

    Vance

    Vance M. Allen, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Vance M. Allen <> wrote:

    > There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said,

    And there is a lot nicer way of composing a followup than
    top-over, full-quote (TOFU) style.

    You clearly are new to usenet, so nobody is going to listen to you
    tell us how usenet is or how it should be. You need to have more
    knowledge before you will be given any credibility.

    You are pretentious enough to have earned a plonk. So long!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Sep 14, 2005
  6. "Tad McClellan" <> wrote in message
    > And there is a lot nicer way of composing a followup than
    > top-over, full-quote (TOFU) style.

    OK, you got me there. I had seen enough that I felt a response was
    appropriate, and didn't care enough to filter out the irrelevant portions of
    the former message.

    > You clearly are new to usenet, so nobody is going to listen to you
    > tell us how usenet is or how it should be. You need to have more
    > knowledge before you will be given any credibility.

    New or not is irrelevant. If people are going to consider using newsgroups
    as a spot to get help and have their questions answered, it's necessary that
    people can feel comfortable writing a message without being badgered by
    people of the nature I speak.

    > You are pretentious enough to have earned a plonk. So long!

    That's fine with me; I don't need help from people with this stuck-up
    attitude...like I have to be worthy for you to receive my messages. See ya.
    Or not. I'll get help from those who are honorable and respectful enough to
    treat others as they wish to be treated.

    Vance

    Vance M. Allen, Sep 15, 2005
  7. Vance M. Allen wrote:
    > There are a lot nicer ways for the same thing to be said, and this
    > goes for a lot of the posts I've read in here. People are just
    > seeking help, not seeking critical people.
    >
    > Just refer the person to the newsgroup you recommend they use, and
    > leave it at that. That's all that's necessary.

    You mean like reading the FAQ to them which is even posted here regularly?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Sep 15, 2005
  8. "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    > You mean like reading the FAQ to them which is even posted here regularly?

    No, I mean pointing them in the direction they need help without being nasty
    about it. Just simply refer to the FAQs, or the specific newsgroup, or
    whatever resource you feel they need to use instead, without being stern to
    somebody that meant no harm.

    Vance

    Vance M. Allen, Sep 15, 2005