whether to_stdlogic type conversion exits???

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by creamu, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. creamu

    creamu

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    whether to_stdlogic type conversion exists???

    hi....
    I have used to_stdlogic type conversion in my program but an error is occuring... xilinx is not considering to_stdlogic as reserved word and i am getting error as "OR can not have such operands in this context"

    my program is

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
    use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

    rx_buff_0_wrtn : OUT std_logic;
    rx_buff_1_wrtn : OUT std_logic;
    SIGNAL read_count : std_logic_vector(3 DOWNTO 0);

    IF ((to_stdlogic(read_count="1010") OR ((NOT rx_buff_1_wrtn) AND (NOT rx_buff_0_wrtn))) = '1') THEN
    read_count <= "0000";
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
    creamu, Apr 9, 2008