Which account for my app pool?

Fariba

Hello All,,

I am just wondering what account usually people put their application pools
under? Low privilage or high privilage account?

If we put our application pools under low privilage accounts ,then
developers have to use impersonation to get enough permissions required to
get their code working and this results in having username/passwords in
clear text or in best case senario encrypted. On the other hand microsft
does not recommand putting app pools in high privilage accounts. I'd like to
know what is the best pratice for this?

Thanks a lot

sirfunusa

Please don't tell me your developers write and place code directly in a
production environment.

Juan T. Llibre

I usually let them run as the default account assigned by IIS.
In Windows Server 2003, that account is "Network Service".

Works for me...

sirfunusa

Straight forward question. You don't allow your developers to place
code directly in production, correct? Developers write code either
locally, or on a dev box, with proper permissions. Then they prop
(copy) their code into production.