Which AJAX library to use?

Showjumper

There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for use -
Anthem.NET
AJAX.Net
Atlas

Atlas as i undserstand it is for ASP.NET 2.0. What about about the other 2?
Any comments, can they be used w/ 1.1 and/or 2.0. Right now i have only 1.1
sites deployed live, just playing around w/ 2.0 on my local computer so i
wouldnt use atlas on the live sites.

Thanks
Ashok

Showjumper

I'll check it out. But for those projects of mine that are still on 1.1 i'l
have a look at ajax.net or anthem
Thanks

Peter Blum

Atlas is not ready to ship and likely will not ship for many months. The
current release is a Technology Preview, allowing the development community
to analyze it and help design it. That means it has not been fully designed
yet and certainly not ready for alpha or beta testing. When its done, it
will be a lot more than "AJAX" alone. It will provide a framework for
client-side web control development.

There are several other AJAX systems available from commercial vendors. See
Telerik's r.a.d. callback (www.telerik.com) and ComponentArt's callback
(www.componentart.com). Also check out LiveControls
(http://www.dart.com/powerweb/livecontrols.asp). Finally, since ASP.NET 2.0
itself has an AJAX feature (not Atlas, but something called
ICallbackEventHandler), simply migrating to ASP.NET 2.0 will allow you to
build callbacks. Many control vendors, myself included, are introducing
callbacks in their existing controls where appropriate. It will require you
have ASP.NET 2.0.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

intrader

There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for use -
Anthem.NET
AJAX.Net
Atlas

Atlas as i undserstand it is for ASP.NET 2.0. What about about the other 2?
Any comments, can they be used w/ 1.1 and/or 2.0. Right now i have only 1.1
sites deployed live, just playing around w/ 2.0 on my local computer so i
wouldnt use atlas on the live sites.

Thanks
Ashok
Another one, that is very good http://openrico.org/rico/home.page
We use it for various cinemtic effects.

intrader

Ashok,

I would go for Atlas :)

Regards

Daniel Walzenbach
My bet is Atlas just because of the size of MS. However, MS are followers
in this area. The may proponents come from the open source arena.

Daniel Walzenbach

Sorry but I am not going into any religious discussion...

Greetings,

Daniel Walzenbach

khakman