    wouldnt use atlas on the live sites.

    Thanks
    Ashok

    Showjumper, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Showjumper

    Karl Seguin Guest

    I'm an Ajax.Net fan, I wrote one version of it's user guide (not sure if
    it's still in play) as well as
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ASPNetSpicedAjax.asp

    Works in both 1.1 and 2.0 and is being pretty actively developed.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Ashok,

    I would go for Atlas :)

    Regards

    Daniel Walzenbach

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 10, 2005
  4. Showjumper

    Showjumper Guest

    But Atlas would only work w/ 2.0 projects correct and not 1.1?

    Showjumper, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Right, but since .net 2.0 hit the stores a couple of days ago... ;-) Check
    out http://atlas.asp.net/ for more details.

    Greetings

    > But Atlas would only work w/ 2.0 projects correct and not 1.1?
    > "Daniel Walzenbach" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ashok,
    >>
    >> I would go for Atlas :)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Daniel Walzenbach
    >>

    >> "Showjumper" <dfgkjhdf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>
    >>> There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for
    >>> use -
    >>> Anthem.NET
    >>> AJAX.Net

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 10, 2005
  6. Showjumper

    Showjumper Guest

    I'll check it out. But for those projects of mine that are still on 1.1 i'l
    have a look at ajax.net or anthem
    Thanks

    Showjumper, Nov 10, 2005
  7. Showjumper

    Peter Blum Guest

    Atlas is not ready to ship and likely will not ship for many months. The
    current release is a Technology Preview, allowing the development community
    to analyze it and help design it. That means it has not been fully designed
    yet and certainly not ready for alpha or beta testing. When its done, it
    will be a lot more than "AJAX" alone. It will provide a framework for
    client-side web control development.

    There are several other AJAX systems available from commercial vendors. See
    Telerik's r.a.d. callback (www.telerik.com) and ComponentArt's callback
    (www.componentart.com). Also check out LiveControls
    (http://www.dart.com/powerweb/livecontrols.asp). Finally, since ASP.NET 2.0
    itself has an AJAX feature (not Atlas, but something called
    ICallbackEventHandler), simply migrating to ASP.NET 2.0 will allow you to
    build callbacks. Many control vendors, myself included, are introducing
    callbacks in their existing controls where appropriate. It will require you
    have ASP.NET 2.0.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:
    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

    Peter Blum, Nov 10, 2005
  8. Showjumper

    intrader Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:03:45 -0500, Showjumper wrote:

    > There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for use -
    > Anthem.NET
    > AJAX.Net
    > Atlas
    >
    > Atlas as i undserstand it is for ASP.NET 2.0. What about about the other 2?
    > Any comments, can they be used w/ 1.1 and/or 2.0. Right now i have only 1.1
    > sites deployed live, just playing around w/ 2.0 on my local computer so i
    > wouldnt use atlas on the live sites.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ashok

    Another one, that is very good http://openrico.org/rico/home.page
    We use it for various cinemtic effects.

    intrader, Nov 11, 2005
  9. Showjumper

    intrader Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:21:07 +0100, Daniel Walzenbach wrote:

    > Ashok,
    >
    > I would go for Atlas :)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Daniel Walzenbach
    >

    > "Showjumper" <dfgkjhdf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for
    >> use -
    >> Anthem.NET
    >> AJAX.Net
    >> Atlas
    >>
    >> Atlas as i undserstand it is for ASP.NET 2.0. What about about the other
    >> 2? Any comments, can they be used w/ 1.1 and/or 2.0. Right now i have only
    >> 1.1 sites deployed live, just playing around w/ 2.0 on my local computer
    >> so i wouldnt use atlas on the live sites.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ashok

    My bet is Atlas just because of the size of MS. However, MS are followers
    in this area. The may proponents come from the open source arena.

    intrader, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Sorry but I am not going into any religious discussion...

    Greetings,

    Daniel Walzenbach

    "intrader" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:21:07 +0100, Daniel Walzenbach wrote:
    >
    >> Ashok,
    >>
    >> I would go for Atlas :)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Daniel Walzenbach
    >>

    >> "Showjumper" <dfgkjhdf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>>
    >>> There are 3 or so different AJAX libs that are out there available for
    >>> use -
    >>> Anthem.NET
    >>> AJAX.Net

    Daniel Walzenbach, Nov 11, 2005