    Item Save Image As..?

    Thanks,
    Chandan Kumar
    chandan, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Re: Which API or function calls IE when clicking on their contextmenu Item Save Image As..?

    Hi, Kumar

    As far as I know the IE funcion of saving the image cannow be called
    from scripts (which is what you're attempting I suppose).

    The IE context menu is something of a core in IE, that means it's part
    of it's programming and not exposed as an scriptable component. Under
    the hood IE when you click on the "Save Picture As..." on the context
    menu, IE simply copies the content of the cache to the designated
    file.

    And you cannot access the chache from script.

    You can emulate this, by using an IFRAME and setting the response
    content-type to force IE to download an image, instead of displaying.

    Regards,

    Paulo Santos
    http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com

    PJ on Development, Feb 8, 2008