    google soap search api, but it was no longer used.
    Thanks.

    , Mar 18, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > Hi, all
    > Glad to be here.
    > I have some problems during my project, I would like to query some
    > words to google, and get something back, for example, how many
    > results. So which api should I choose? I found there used to be the
    > google soap search api, but it was no longer used.
    > Thanks.

    Have you considered using one of the other search engines that still
    provide a search API?

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 18, 2008

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:10:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote,

    > I have some problems during my project, I would like to query some
    >words to google, and get something back, for example, how many
    >results. So which api should I choose?

    you can just watch what a browser sends and mimic it with GET/POST.
    See http://mindprod.com/products1.html#HTTP for the code.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html

    You can use a sniffer to help clarify what is going back and forth.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sniffer.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Mar 20, 2008
  4. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:10:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote,
    >
    >> I have some problems during my project, I would like to query some
    >> words to google, and get something back, for example, how many
    >> results. So which api should I choose?

    > you can just watch what a browser sends and mimic it with GET/POST.
    > See http://mindprod.com/products1.html#HTTP for the code.
    >
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html
    >
    > You can use a sniffer to help clarify what is going back and forth.
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sniffer.html

    According to Google:

    "Why is everyone in my network encountering a 'We're Sorry' page when
    using Google?"

    Sending automated queries of any sort to Google is against our
    Terms of Service. For more information on Google Terms of Service
    for Your Personal Use, please visit
    http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html.

    http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86640&topic=8995

    Note that Yahoo and some other search engines do offer a search API.
    http://developer.yahoo.com/search/

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 20, 2008