    data using PHP/CSS.

    Any suggestions, reads would be greatly appreciated.

    , Jun 2, 2008

    On Jun 2, 11:35 am, wrote:
    > Hello folks. Beginner here.
    >
    > In a nutshell I am looking for a reporting/corrections tool in which
    > to interface with an existing app written in c++. My initial thought
    > was using PHP, but based on the following criteria, what other options
    > might one suggest: security, licensing, installation, maintainability,
    > UI, read and write to DB (Access most likely)?
    >
    > The idea is that our existing app is going to dump a bunch of data to
    > a DB. The user will then have the option to view the error reports
    > and make corrections (chtml view class). My idea was to present this
    > data using PHP/CSS.
    >
    > Any suggestions, reads would be greatly appreciated.

    If you're going to write a database-driven webapp (which is sounds
    like you are), a C#/ASPX project is probably one of the easiest
    solutions to create and maintain, given the massive amount of
    automatic code generation Visual Studio will do for you.

    Presenting information from a database is as simple as throwing a
    gridview on a page and .NET built-ins make database access and UI
    building almost trivial.

    The restriction, of course, is that you'll need a server capable of
    serving aspx (IIS, probably).

    , Jun 2, 2008

    On Jun 2, 12:27 pm, wrote:
    > On Jun 2, 11:35 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Hello folks. Beginner here.

    > > In a nutshell I am looking for a reporting/corrections tool in which
    > > to interface with an existing app written in c++. My initial thought
    > > was using PHP, but based on the following criteria, what other options
    > > might one suggest: security, licensing, installation, maintainability,
    > > UI, read and write to DB (Access most likely)?

    > > The idea is that our existing app is going to dump a bunch of data to
    > > a DB. The user will then have the option to view the error reports
    > > and make corrections (chtml view class). My idea was to present this
    > > data using PHP/CSS.

    > > Any suggestions, reads would be greatly appreciated.

    > If you're going to write a database-driven webapp (which is sounds
    > like you are), a C#/ASPX project is probably one of the easiest
    > solutions to create and maintain, given the massive amount of
    > automatic code generation Visual Studio will do for you.
    >
    > Presenting information from a database is as simple as throwing a
    > gridview on a page and .NET built-ins make database access and UI
    > building almost trivial.
    >
    > The restriction, of course, is that you'll need a server capable of
    > serving aspx (IIS, probably).

    This is pretty much what I am looking for. Thanks for your input.

    , Jun 2, 2008