which asp.net book to start with, apress or o'reilly?

sauzer

hi there! i have a good knowledge of c# and i'd like to start programming in
asp.net. i was told the best reference book is the one by dino esposito but
it's also not really good to learn the basic of the language. i'm undecided
between 2 books, "progamming asp.net" by jesse liberty-o'reilly and
"beginning asp.net in c#: from novice to professional" by matthew
macdonald-apress. anyone read them? any suggestion about which one is
better? theres also "asp.net in a nutshell"-o'reilly but i guess thats for a
more advanced stage.

thanks in advance!

Teemu Keiski

One that is said to be good is Stephen Walther's ASP.NET Unleashed. Not sure
if there is soon coming an edition of it for ASP.NET 2.0 (if you are going
to jump to it, its release is near). If you can, I'd already recommend
starting with ASP.NET 2.0 straight away.