    them.

    Thanks
    Babu
    babu, Aug 1, 2007

  2. babu

    Guest

    On Aug 1, 1:16 pm, babu <> wrote:
    > Hello ALL
    > I am currently doing a JSP/Servlet program which requires to export
    > data to pdf or excel. My programming environment is eclipse & tomcat
    > server. As far as I know to export data to excel or pdf Jasper report
    > or B.I.R.T. are available. But I am not familiar with Jasper report or
    > B.I.R.T. Which one is more flexible & easier to use and coding. Please
    > inform me. I will be more pleased if anyone give useful link about
    > them.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Babu

    hi can i join in your group????
    , Aug 1, 2007

  3. babu

    Jack Guest

    Hi ,

    I just did this last week.

    I used Apache POI for EXCEL within a servlet. This was the first time
    I generated Excel via a servlet and it was surprisingly simple.

    I generated XML and used XSLT to transform to FO and used apache FOP
    to generate the PDF within a servlet. I have done this quite a few
    times but there may be a more straight forward way to generate PDFs

    Jonathan
    Jack, Aug 1, 2007
  4. On Aug 2, 12:55 am, Jack <> wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I just did this last week.
    >
    > I used Apache POI for EXCEL within a servlet. This was the first time
    > I generated Excel via a servlet and it was surprisingly simple.
    >
    > I generated XML and used XSLT to transform to FO and used apache FOP
    > to generate the PDF within a servlet. I have done this quite a few
    > times but there may be a more straight forward way to generate PDFs
    >
    > Jonathan

    Hi,

    You can try to use the simple csv format and that can be opened from
    excel.

    Other wise you can try jexcel api (open source) to create the excel
    reports

    Moin
    Proton Projects - Moin, Aug 2, 2007