Which can I use to export data to pdf or excel?

babu

Hello ALL
I am currently doing a JSP/Servlet program which requires to export
data to pdf or excel. My programming environment is eclipse & tomcat
server. As far as I know to export data to excel or pdf Jasper report
or B.I.R.T. are available. But I am not familiar with Jasper report or
B.I.R.T. Which one is more flexible & easier to use and coding. Please
inform me. I will be more pleased if anyone give useful link about
them.

Thanks
Babu

betternash

Hello ALL
I am currently doing a JSP/Servlet program which requires to export
data to pdf or excel. My programming environment is eclipse & tomcat
server. As far as I know to export data to excel or pdf Jasper report
or B.I.R.T. are available. But I am not familiar with Jasper report or
B.I.R.T. Which one is more flexible & easier to use and coding. Please
inform me. I will be more pleased if anyone give useful link about
them.

Thanks
Babu

hi can i join in your group????

Jack

Hi ,

I just did this last week.

I used Apache POI for EXCEL within a servlet. This was the first time
I generated Excel via a servlet and it was surprisingly simple.

I generated XML and used XSLT to transform to FO and used apache FOP
to generate the PDF within a servlet. I have done this quite a few
times but there may be a more straight forward way to generate PDFs

Jonathan

Proton Projects - Moin

Hi ,

I just did this last week.

I used Apache POI for EXCEL within a servlet. This was the first time
I generated Excel via a servlet and it was surprisingly simple.

I generated XML and used XSLT to transform to FO and used apache FOP
to generate the PDF within a servlet. I have done this quite a few
times but there may be a more straight forward way to generate PDFs

Jonathan

Hi,

You can try to use the simple csv format and that can be opened from
excel.

Other wise you can try jexcel api (open source) to create the excel
reports

Moin