which configparse?

Neal Becker

I have all my options setup with optparse. Now, I'd like to be able to
parse an ini file to set defaults (that could be overridden by command line
switches).

I'd like to make minimal change to my working optparse setup (there are lots
of options - I don't want to duplicate all the cmdline parsing with ini
file parsing code)

I've looked at configparse, cfgparse, iniparse.

configparse looks like what I want, but it seems last commit was >2years
ago.

What is the best choice?

Sion Arrowsmith

Neal Becker said:
I've looked at configparse, cfgparse, iniparse.

configparse looks like what I want, but it seems last commit was >2years
ago.

What is the best choice?

ConfigParser is the battery included in the standard library. If
you're planning on distributing your script, consider the value
of this.