which control is better to use

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JohnE, Jul 3, 2010.

  1. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    I have a table (inside a formview) that currently has one cell with address
    information in it (name, address, etc). It is wrapping in the cell. I have
    only added the field from the table only to find the address rather then the
    ID of it from the address table. So, I am looking to "clean up" the client
    name, address, etc but am undecided as to control. The address info should
    have the following look to it;

    client name
    address 1
    address 2
    city, state, zip

    contact name
    phone number

    and so on.

    My first thought was gridview but that is straight line. What about a
    formview? Would a listview work? Whichever control is used it will need to
    be able to allow edits and updates. Also, this control would be controled by
    the id that appears in another table within the original formview.

    Being rather new to all this I am open to suggestions, recommendations,
    links, almost anything.

    Thanks...John

    JohnE, Jul 3, 2010

  2. JohnE

    JohnE Guest

    "JohnE" wrote:

    > I have a table (inside a formview) that currently has one cell with address
    > information in it (name, address, etc). It is wrapping in the cell. I have
    > only added the field from the table only to find the address rather then the
    > ID of it from the address table. So, I am looking to "clean up" the client
    > name, address, etc but am undecided as to control. The address info should
    > have the following look to it;
    >
    > client name
    > address 1
    > address 2
    > city, state, zip
    >
    > contact name
    > phone number
    >
    > and so on.
    >
    > My first thought was gridview but that is straight line. What about a
    > formview? Would a listview work? Whichever control is used it will need to
    > be able to allow edits and updates. Also, this control would be controled by
    > the id that appears in another table within the original formview.
    >
    > Being rather new to all this I am open to suggestions, recommendations,
    > links, almost anything.
    >
    > Thanks...John

    I think I have got it figured out and would go with the listview and be able
    to use the different templates.

    Let me know if this would be incorrect to use.

    Thanks.

    JohnE, Jul 4, 2010