Which Crypto Library?

GiBo

Hi

I need some encryption done in my Python 2.5 application. I wonder
what's the most recommended library? I've found M2crypto and some
OpenSSL wrappers and Python Cryptography Toolkit and some others. No
surprise I'm confused :)

What's the most often used library for crypto?

For now I need a simple AES, no asymmetric crypto or GPG involved.

Thanks!

GiBo

James Stroud

GiBo said:
Hi

I need some encryption done in my Python 2.5 application. I wonder
what's the most recommended library? I've found M2crypto and some
OpenSSL wrappers and Python Cryptography Toolkit and some others. No
surprise I'm confused :)

What's the most often used library for crypto?

For now I need a simple AES, no asymmetric crypto or GPG involved.

Thanks!

GiBo

I use pycrypto without any simplification wrappers (e.g. ezPyCrypto) and
it seems straightforward to me. You might try the simplification
wrappers though.

James