Which databases can ASP.NET/ADO.NET connect to?

Andrew Banks

Subject says it all really...

I know of the bigger ones

Access, SQL Sevrer, Oracle, MySQL - are there anymore?

Blake Weaver

I'm new to .Net myself, but in my reading I've found that ADO.NET can
connect to -ANY- sort of database as long as there is an OLEDB provider for
it. So that means Excel, Outlook, Text Files, etc. and of course the main
ones you listed. And I believe there are ways of constructing your own
providers but I've yet to cross that bridge.

Blake