    Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.

    Thanks

    , Jan 4, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering which is the "preferred" way to send email, possibly
    > with attachments. I noticed MIME::Lite hasn't been developed for a few
    > years, not that it really needs development. Are people using
    > Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    I've used MIME::Lite successfully to send email with attachments, but
    most often I us NET::SMTP. It's really a matter of personal preference.

    Andras Malatinszky, Jan 5, 2007

  3. Tintin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering which is the "preferred" way to send email, possibly
    > with attachments. I noticed MIME::Lite hasn't been developed for a few
    > years, not that it really needs development. Are people using
    > Email::Send or Mail::Send? Any recommendation appreciated.

    I've found MIME::Lite to be very robust, flexible and simple to install and
    use. And while MIME::Lite hasn't been updated for a while (it works just
    fine), there are a number of related modules that are updated recently, eg:
    MIME::Lite::HTML was updated Sep 2006.

    Tintin, Jan 5, 2007