Which event?

Steve Schroeder

I have a working form/datagrid/search page working...was trying allow the
user to enter search criteria in a textbox, hit enter, and fire off the same
event my command button runs.

How might I do that? There doesn't seem to be an obvious event tied to the
textbox or form that this would go.

Thanks,

Steve

Teemu Keiski

If you mean that hitting Enter would cause anything to happen even if you
have a Button on the form also, that's a known problem. You can work around
it with this control, for example

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/DefaultButtons.aspx

If you want to get to the "event", you'd need to wire event for say
onkeypress client-side event, check if the keyCode is 13 (enter, how you get
to this in various browsers might indeed vary) and then cause client-side
action (postback) that again causes something to happen at server.

Steve Schroeder

Thanks, appreciate the pointer.

Did someone at MS have a brain fart over this one...hello...anyone home at
Redmond...lol, amazing.

Steve Schroeder

I can add the Metabuilder's DefaultButtons as a reference to my project, but
I when I go to add it to my toolbox...I get...dll cannot be loaded, check
that dependencies are installed...

I had this same problem with another third party control, .DotNetCharting.
So much for the end of DLL hell...lol.

Billy, Billy, Billy...what were you thinking?