Which files and folders from the two solutions must be merged to combine web sites solutions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Jun 9, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    If I understand what I'm reading on the Internet the only way to combine two
    website solutions and store them in one folder on a host is to make them
    into one website solution. And there are certain files and folders in a
    solution that have predetermined names and there can only be one of them.

    And that means combining some files from two folders into one folder (like
    the App_Code files) and combining some data from two files into one file
    (like web.config)

    It would be great if I knew which files there can only be one of, as well as
    which folders there can only be one of.

    I believe I know how to handle multiple web.sitemap files.

    I believe I need to come up with one web.config file that both will share.

    The sites will be essentially independent so I think I simply have to make
    sure the master files have different names. Do all master files have to be
    in the top most folder?

    So to restate the question: Which files and folders from the two solutions
    must be merged in the combined solution?

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Jun 9, 2010