Which (free) concurrency library can you suggest me?

Matthias Kaeppler

Howdy,

I want to spawn several threads in my filemanager application, so one
can e.g. copy files and continue working in the main window.

I know boost has a threading library, but there are also a couple
others, so which one would you suggest for my basic needs and where are
the differences?

Thanks.

Rapscallion

Matthias said:
I want to spawn several threads in my filemanager application, so one
can e.g. copy files and continue working in the main window.

I know boost has a threading library, but there are also a couple
others, so which one would you suggest for my basic needs and where are
the differences?

ZThreads has been around for some time http://zthread.sourceforge.net/
..
I haven't used it so I connot recommend it. IIRC, an introduction to
ZThreads is given in Eckel's C++ book, part 2 (available online).

R.C.