Which free windows debugger?

Glenn

Am I right in thinking FreeRIDE doesn't support 1.8.1 for debugging,
or is it me and I'm just inept and can't make it work?
Apart from the obvious command-line interactive debugger (-rdebug),
what other free ones are there that would support 1.8.1 if any (on
Windows)?

Laurent Julliard

Glenn said:
Am I right in thinking FreeRIDE doesn't support 1.8.1 for debugging,
or is it me and I'm just inept and can't make it work?

It surely does. I can even say that this was the first Ruby version
where the debugger started to work on Windows. Have you tried using
the pacakged FreeRIDE+Ruby 1.8.1 from the freeride project itself.

See http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=31

Hope this helps

Laurent

Lothar Scholz

Am I right in thinking FreeRIDE doesn't support 1.8.1 for debugging,
or is it me and I'm just inept and can't make it work?
Apart from the obvious command-line interactive debugger (-rdebug),
what other free ones are there that would support 1.8.1 if any (on
Windows)?

Only free for 60 days but a working Ruby Debugger is part of the
Arachno Ruby IDE from http://www.ruby-ide.com

Glenn

Only free for 60 days but a working Ruby Debugger is part of the
Arachno Ruby IDE from http://www.ruby-ide.com

To be honest, I'm not in need of a full integrated IDE - crimson
editor is my preferred editor. All I really would like is a
gui-interface to the ruby debugger, nothing more than that. So I
wouldn't really want to pay for Arachno, although I'm sure it's very
good.

Still can't make FreeRIDE work for me. Can't seem to add a
breakpoint, the "eval" seems to just show the variable in the list
without it's current value.

Confused...