Which graphical library for a multi-platform application?

Nicolas

Hello,
Please excuse me if I am a little off-topic. I would like to know what
graphical library is the best to use for a multiplatform (Windows, Mac Os,
Linux) application. I know GTK, but it is pretty difficult to install for
unexperienced users, and I think it can't be statically linked.
Thanks a lot for your advices,
Nicolas

Vladimir S. Oka

Nicolas said:
Hello,
Please excuse me if I am a little off-topic. I would like to know what
graphical library is the best to use for a multiplatform (Windows, Mac Os,
Linux) application. I know GTK, but it is pretty difficult to install for
unexperienced users, and I think it can't be statically linked.
Thanks a lot for your advices,
Nicolas

Yes, you are off topic, more than a little...

<OT>
Did you have a look at wxWindows?
</OT>

OMouse

There is Qt. The open source version is free (obviously) but your
software must be under some sort of open source license. The commercial
version is a bit pricey...But it is multi-platform and includes many
things multi-platform apps need, e.g threads, sockets, etc. And the Qt
Designer is pretty good as well.

Website is: trolltech.com

-Rudolf

CBFalconer

Vladimir S. Oka said:
Yes, you are off topic, more than a little...

<OT>
Did you have a look at wxWindows?

There is also something around called DEPUI. Free, and reputed to
work with C. WxWindows is, I understand, limited to C++ and thus
useless here.

said:

Rod Pemberton

Hello,
Please excuse me if I am a little off-topic. I would like to know what
graphical library is the best to use for a multiplatform (Windows, Mac Os,
Linux) application. I know GTK, but it is pretty difficult to install for
unexperienced users, and I think it can't be statically linked.
Thanks a lot for your advices,

I saw alot of people (elsewhere) mentioning SDL a while ago.

"Simple DirectMedia Layer"
http://www.libsdl.org/index.php

Rod Pemberton

WaterWalk

Yes, SDL is great for its 2D graphics, sound, opengl
interoperatability, etc. It's often considered as a good game
development library. But if you mean GUI(since you mention GTK), I'm
afraid SDL isn't the way to go.