    good program to make and (professional) website?

    Thanks for now,

    Rappy

    Rappie, Nov 17, 2004

  2. On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:29:06 +0000, Rappie wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
    > editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
    > good program to make and (professional) website?
    >

    > Thanks for now,
    >

    > Rappy

    Jeez-o-effin-kee-righst on a pogo stick! How many times does this
    question have to be asked? Frikin google a bit, hoss...

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Rappie

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Rappie wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
    > editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
    > good program to make and (professional) website?
    >

    > Thanks for now,
    >

    > Rappy

    FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
    except, perhaps, for Word.

    DreamWeaver MX 2004 is probably the very best program, and one which
    most professional designers use. But it's not a program for newbies -
    unless you already know HTML inside out, dont go near it.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Rappie

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    > FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
    > except, perhaps, for Word.

    nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does. its
    reeeeeeeeeally bad.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Rappie

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Rappie said:

    > what kind of HTML editor you use to make your website?

    http://editor.usenetshit.info/

    others:

    HTML
    free:
    jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
    nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
    ewisoft: http://www.ewisoft.com/
    netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
    araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
    1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
    crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
    ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
    pnotepad: http://www.pnotepad.org/
    acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
    screem (linux): http://www.screem.org/
    notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
    html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
    context: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
    pspad: http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
    websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
    SciTE: http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
    metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
    slickedit (linux:) http://www.slickedit.com/
    quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
    bluefish.(linux): http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
    tswebeditor: http://thaler.ennstal.at/tswebeditor/
    notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
    pagebuilder: http://www.tafweb.com/pagebuilder.html
    grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
    editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
    stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
    matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

    not free:
    textpad: http://www.textpad.com/ [$30]
    notetab: http://www.notetab.com/ [$10+]
    editplus: http://www.editplus.com/ [$30]
    ultraedit: http://www.idmcomp.com/ [$35]
    editpad: http://www.editpadpro.com/ [$40]
    hypertext studio: http://www.olsonsoft.com/ [$100]
    top style: http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/ [$80]
    namo: http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor/ [$90]
    acehtml pro: http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/ [$50]
    ibm websphere: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/hpbuilder/ [$70]
    spider writer: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/ [$80]

    PHP
    phpedit: http://phpedit.org/ [$0]
    winsyntax: http://winsyntax.com/ [$0]
    hydraPHP: http://www.coldmind.com/ [coming soon]
    devphp: http://devphp.sourceforge.net/ [$0]
    phped: http://www.nusphere.com/products/ [$300]
    top php studio: http://www.top-systems.net/ [$30]
    dzsoft php editor: http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm [$40]
    Expert Editor: http://www.ankord.com/phpxedit.html [$35]
    komodo: http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/ [$30+]
    phpcoder: http://www.phpide.com/go/programs/php_coder.htm [$0]
    Davor's PHP Editor: http://www.pleskina.com/dphped/main.php [$0]
    maguma studio/workbench: http://www.maguma.com/products/?article=Studio {$40+]

    XML
    xopus: http://xopus.com/ [$850]
    editml: http://www.editml.com/ [$90+]
    xmlpro2: http://www.vervet.com/ [$0]
    cooktop: http://www.xmlcooktop.com/ [$0]
    xray: http://www.architag.com/xray/ [$0]
    xmlwriter: http://www.xmlwriter.net/ [$100]
    oxygen pro: http://www.oxygenxml.com/ [$100]
    blueprint: http://www.xmlblueprint.com/ [$45]
    xmlmind: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ [$0/$220]
    peters xml eiditor: http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/ [$0]
    xmlspy: http://www.xmlspy.com/products_ide.html [$400]
    morphon: http://www.morphon.com/xmleditor/index.shtml [$0]
    turboxml: http://www.tibco.com/solutions/products/extensibility/turbo_xml.jsp [$270]

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 17, 2004
  6. Rappie

    Karl Core Guest

    "Rappie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of
    > HTML
    > editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this
    > good program to make and (professional) website?

    You know what's great about usenet? The messages to the newsgroups get
    archived so that it becomes somewhat of an information repository. This is
    especially valuable for people like you, who can go to the archives and
    search for the answer yourself. It is even more valuable to the groups'
    regulars who don't have to answer the same question 3x a week!

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Nov 17, 2004
  7. brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >

    >>FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
    >>except, perhaps, for Word.

    > nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does. its
    > reeeeeeeeeally bad.

    WHat are you talking about guys (and girls)? Frontpage, word and excel
    are awsome editors, you know what the best one is though? Publisher!!!
    Wooooo *gets really excited*

    King of Red Lions, Nov 17, 2004
  8. Rappie

    Neal Guest

    Rappie wrote:

    > what kind of HTML
    > editor you use to make your website?

    Has it been a week already? Wow, time flies.

    Neal, Nov 17, 2004
  9. King of Red Lions wrote:

    > brucie wrote:
    >
    >> In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >>
    >>> FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web
    >>> pages... except, perhaps, for Word.

    >> nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does.
    >> its reeeeeeeeeally bad.

    > WHat are you talking about guys (and girls)? Frontpage, word and
    > excel are awsome editors, you know what the best one is though?
    > Publisher!!! Wooooo *gets really excited*

    Whoohoo! I LOVE Publisher!!!

    Now where can I upload my 247KB "Hello World" page?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 17, 2004
  10. Rappie

    SE Guest

    <alt.html , Rappie , >
    <CmImd.5863$>
    <Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:29:06 GMT>

    > I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
    > editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
    > good program to make and (professional) website?

    The editor used has little to do with it - although some editors can
    make life a bit easier than others .

    It could be said a web author is the same as a typewriter as its the
    input that makes the results what they are & web design is one of
    hardest things to learn unless you are naturally gifted .

    Despite what you might like to think most users on here (myself
    included) arnt naturally gifted in web design - so dont worry about it .

    I use homesite myself but 'html kit' from www.chami.com is well worth a
    look .

    --
    www.smtpemail.co.uk

    SE, Nov 17, 2004
  11. Rappie

    Petar Guest

    Hi Rappie,

    I use Notepad. That is what the real web coders and/or designers use, but to
    use Notepad you need to know HTML well.

    Petar, Nov 17, 2004
  12. Rappie

    Karl Core Guest

    "Petar" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Rappie,
    >
    > I use Notepad. That is what the real web coders and/or designers use, but
    > use Notepad you need to know HTML well.

    That's funny. I use Dreamweaver and Homesite. And I have about 5000 pages of
    valid HTML 4.01 Strict and XHTML Strict on the web.

    It isn't the tool that matters, it is the mechanic.

    Karl Core, Nov 17, 2004
  13. On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:33:14 +0000, Petar wrote:

    > Hi Rappie,
    >
    > I use Notepad. That is what the real web coders and/or designers use, but to
    > use Notepad you need to know HTML well.

    Why?? There are so many text editors that are superior to Notepad! Even
    for very basic features, such as
    - syntax highlighting
    - line numbering

    I mean, Notepage doesn't even tell you what line number you are on! And
    don't think I am advocating a WYSIWYG editor like DreamWeaver -- I'm not.
    It's just that if you are going to use a text editor, why not use one that
    is actually useful?

    Jeffrey Silverman, Nov 17, 2004
  14. Rappie

    SE Guest

    <alt.html , Petar , >
    <KPMmd.4786$>
    <Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:33:14 GMT>

    > I use Notepad. That is what the real web coders and/or designers use

    Computer magazines usually say its only nutters that use notepad for web
    authoring :)

    --
    www.smtpemail.co.uk

    SE, Nov 17, 2004
  15. Rappie

    Kris Guest

    In article <w2Lmd.6031$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > > WHat are you talking about guys (and girls)? Frontpage, word and
    > > excel are awsome editors, you know what the best one is though?
    > > Publisher!!! Wooooo *gets really excited*

    > Whoohoo! I LOVE Publisher!!!
    >
    > Now where can I upload my 247KB "Hello World" page?

    Try Geocities.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Nov 17, 2004
  16. Rappie

    johnsu01 Guest

    johnsu01, Nov 17, 2004
  17. Rappie

    Dylan Parry Guest

    johnsu01 wrote:

    > Hey brucie, why isn't Emacs on your list?

    'cos the 'E' stands for evil <shudder/>

    Incidentally, when I'm coding in Linux I tend to use KWrite. If I'm
    really in need of a vanilla text editor, usually due to screwing up the
    xorg.conf, then I resort to pico or nano depending on what's installed.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Nov 17, 2004
  18. johnsu01 enlightened us with:
    > Hey brucie, why isn't Emacs on your list?

    It's a list of editors, not operating systems :)

    I agree - Emacs should be in there, and so should my personal
    favourite - Vim :)

    Oh, please read that "should" as "I think it would be nice" :)

    Sybren

    Sybren Stuvel, Nov 17, 2004
  19. Rappie

    Tom Szabo Guest

    > FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
    > except, perhaps, for Word.
    >
    > DreamWeaver MX 2004 is probably the very best program, and one which
    > most professional designers use. But it's not a program for newbies -
    > unless you already know HTML inside out, dont go near it.

    FrontPage probably a good one....so one can preciate the better ones
    latter...

    ....also leaves space so one can move UP :)

    Tom Szabo, Nov 17, 2004
  20. Rappie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Rappie <> said:

    > Hi,

    G'day.

    > I read a book about HTML programming

    Must have been a very short book. HTML is not a programming language.

    > and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
    > editor you use to make your website?

    Check the archives. We've been through this many many times. Including
    in the last couple of days.

    > We all know MS FrontPage,

    Only used a very old version of it for a very short period of time.
    Wouldn't touch it again.

    > but is this a
    > good program to make and (professional) website?

    No.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au