Which is a good UK web hosting company that lets u see proper stats?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by xyZed, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. xyZed

    xyZed Guest

    I've used me2uweb.co.uk for a few years and my hosting is due for
    renewal next week.

    I've been very happy with them apart from the inadequacy of the stat's
    they provide. They don't provide the raw stat's and hey only let me
    see the "Top 10 of 98 Total Entry Pages" and the "Top 30 of 737 Total
    Referrers " and most frustratingly of all, only the "Top 20 of 3260
    Total Search Strings "

    The Top 20 of 3260 Total Search Strings seems to remain virtually the
    same so I can never see what other search phrases people are using.

    Am I right in thinking this isn't good enough? Is there a reliable UK
    host that lets you see the full stat's?
    --

    We've all got one - www.washerhelp.com

    [remove mymask_ to email]
    xyZed, Jun 28, 2003

  2. "xyZed" <xyzed@mymask_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've used me2uweb.co.uk for a few years and my hosting is due for
    > renewal next week.
    >
    > I've been very happy with them apart from the inadequacy of the stat's
    > they provide. They don't provide the raw stat's and hey only let me
    > see the "Top 10 of 98 Total Entry Pages" and the "Top 30 of 737 Total
    > Referrers " and most frustratingly of all, only the "Top 20 of 3260
    > Total Search Strings "
    >
    > The Top 20 of 3260 Total Search Strings seems to remain virtually the
    > same so I can never see what other search phrases people are using.
    >
    > Am I right in thinking this isn't good enough? Is there a reliable UK
    > host that lets you see the full stat's?
    > --

    Often, what you will be looking at will be thier application for displaying
    the stats in a more user friendly format from the log files...
    You will probably find the raw log files in your stats directory (usually in
    your private user area above your web directory)
    Not in my trousers, Jun 29, 2003

  3. xyZed

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:35:02 GMT, xyZed
    <xyzed@mymask_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >I've used me2uweb.co.uk for a few years and my hosting is due for
    >renewal next week.

    Take a look at Gradwell. They're a decent hosting company, but their
    "developer" package is particularly useful for those who need to host
    or develop a lot of small sites with easy domain management. I don;t
    know another host that offers anything similar.
    Andy Dingley, Jun 29, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:35:02 GMT, xyZed
    > <xyzed@mymask_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >I've used me2uweb.co.uk for a few years and my hosting is due for
    > >renewal next week.

    > Take a look at Gradwell. They're a decent hosting company, but their

    Yeah, IIRC the support guy (part owner?) posts in demon.tech.pc &
    _really_ knows his stuff.
    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jun 29, 2003