  1. DeepakS

    DeepakS Guest

    Please let me know which is best java library for socket programming ?

    DeepakS, Apr 17, 2013

  2. DeepakS

    markspace Guest

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/networking/sockets/>

    markspace, Apr 17, 2013

  3. DeepakS

    Lew Guest

    markspace wrote:
    > DeepakS wrote:
    >> Please let me know which is best java [sic] library for socket programming ?

    What makes "best"?

    There are many criteria of goodness, some of which are mutually exclusive. Which
    ones apply here?

    > <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/networking/sockets/>

    From which we read:
    "The java.net package provides two classes--Socket and ServerSocket--that implement the client side of the connection and the server side of the connection, respectively."

    These are great for socket programming, but rather low level.

    Do you have needs for more than raw socket programming?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Apr 17, 2013
  4. DeepakS

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 17, 2013
  5. DeepakS

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:43:35 -0700 (PDT), DeepakS
    who said :

    >Please let me know which is best java library for socket programming ?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html

    It will point you to some. I wrote a lightweight one called HTTP.
    Apache as a fat one called HTTPClient
    Computer programming is the best remedy for pain (physical or emotional)
    I have encountered. It requires so much concentration there is nothing left
    over to pay attention to the pain. They should teach this in AA.

    Roedy Green, Apr 18, 2013