Which is the best implementation??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stelios Skiathitis, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. In ASP.NET I want to create a form for authenticating a user to enter in a
    local intranet site.
    I want the user to have the option of selecting two different authentication
    modes.
    The first using windows authentication form where the user will be
    authenticated through his current
    login username. (in that case the user won't have to enter any usr/pwd info
    at the corresponding form fields)
    The second using database authentication where the user should enter a
    username-password which will be
    authenticated through SQL Server.
    Imagine like the way sql server authenticates a user when opening query
    analyzer where a dialog opens
    and prompts the user to choose windows or sql server authentication.
    One more thing is that at the login form the user should choose from a
    dropdownlist which database to use.
    I have created two databases, one called 'development' and one called
    'production'. Both databases contain the
    same tables but the data stored are different.

    How can I put all these together? Which is the best implementation?
    Can Web.Config handle all these together (both types of authentication and
    database selection) ?

    Thanks
    Stelios Skiathitis

    Stelios Skiathitis, Feb 17, 2005

  2. The web.config file only handles one type of authentication at a time. Hth.

    Kind regards,
    Nikander & Margriet Bruggeman

    =?Utf-8?B?TmlrYW5kZXIgJiBNYXJncmlldCBCcnVnZ2VtYW4=, Feb 17, 2005