    But which one is the best or very popular in USA or in the world ?

    Thanks

    , Feb 14, 2008

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I know that there are many softwares for downloading like kazaa,
    >Shareaza, emlue.

    That does not have anything to do with the C programming language,
    and is therefore not appropriate for this newsgroup.

    >But which one is the best or very popular in USA or in the world ?

    Any discussion of "best" must set out the way in which the
    subject is to be measured, and the relative weightings to be
    used for the individual scores. If that is not done, then "best"
    becomes purely subjective and the question will be answered
    according to what -other- people need, not according to what -you-
    need.

    For discussions of what is very popular, I suggest you visit one
    of the mp3 or video pirating newsgroups to see what is popular
    there. I do not advocate pirating anything: I'm just pointing
    you to a place that you can find out about "popular" downloading
    software.

    Possibly the most popular downloading software in the world
    would be Microsoft Internet Explorer -- popular in that it is
    used by vast number of people. Popular does not necessarily mean
    well suited for intensive use for a particular purpose.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Ark Khasin Guest

    Walter Roberson wrote:

    > For discussions of what is very popular, I suggest you visit one
    > of the mp3 or video pirating newsgroups to see what is popular
    > there. I do not advocate pirating anything: I'm just pointing
    > you to a place that you can find out about "popular" downloading
    > software.

    <OT>
    It looks like the whole "pirating" thing is a purely Western theme and
    came into being - I'd guess wildly and without research - with
    Industrial Revolution where it became clear that revenue (by some
    opinions, disproportionate) can come from licensing know-how - or from
    blocking others from replicating it. I'd guess it took a certain level
    of maturity of capitalism as a way of life (cf. "No software patents"
    movement though).
    It has worked (on average) apparently because the brightest minds were
    rewarded for innovation. - And could get loans with the patents as
    collateral etc.
    Personally, I see no moral value in it one way or another; a particular
    case may bear moral judgment based on prevailing yet ever evolving mores
    et tempera (Is it OK to download a classic movie which I cannot find
    anywhere legally? Is it OK to manufacture an anti-AIDS drug if I cannot
    afford the license?)
    Other societies, with fewer centuries of capitalism ingrained in them,
    may see things differently: If I copied your idea (or artifact or
    whatever) you still have yours, so you haven't lost anything.
    IMHO, people busy protecting IP ought to factor this mentality in and
    come up with adequate strategies. Dumb beating on e.g. China and Russia
    won't work until they themselves develop sufficient bodies of IP worth
    protecting _by disclosing_.
    </OT>
    --
    Ark

    Ark Khasin, Feb 14, 2008
  4. "[probable_troll]" wrote:

    > I know that there are many softwares for downloading like [munge],
    > [munge], [munge].
    > But which one is the best or very popular in USA or in the world ?

    "uucp".

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>

    Kenneth Brody, Feb 14, 2008