which is the better way to store small files

chenhong

I'm building a website.I have 2000 files(pdf,tif,etc) which users can
download.
And the files will increase in times.
should I put the files into a database table or just put them into a folder.

TIA

If file management could be a headache (such as if you allow users to upload
files) or security is an issue (only certain users can download certain
files) then I'd suggest putting the files in SQL Server. Otherwise the file
system should be suitable.
Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

Steve Kershaw

I'm building a website.I have 2000 files(pdf,tif,etc) which users can
download.
And the files will increase in times.
should I put the files into a database table or just put them into a folder.

TIA

I would put them in a database table with an ID and timestamp for each
file. That way you can sort and delete the old files from SQL Server.

Steve