    Or is J2SE v 1.4.2_04 SDK considered more stable?

    cheers,

    Kat in Seattle
    Katerina McLean, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Katerina McLean wrote:

    > I was over at the Sun Microsystem site - and it was not very clear which
    > is the latest stable release of JVM in the 1.4 series.
    >
    > Is J2SE v 1.4.2_06 SDK the most stable in the 1.4 series?
    >
    > Or is J2SE v 1.4.2_04 SDK considered more stable?

    Both are released versions of the SDK, therefore both are asserted to be
    stable. In the absence of any other information, the later revision
    (_06) should be considered an improvement over the earlier one. In
    particular, the Java plugin included in 1.4.2_06 is supposed to be free
    of a dangerous cross-platform security bug that affected all earlier 1.4
    versions from Sun.

    John Bollinger
    John C. Bollinger, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Katerina McLean

    Jacob Guest

    John C. Bollinger wrote:

    > Both are released versions of the SDK, therefore both are asserted to be
    > stable. In the absence of any other information, the later revision
    > (_06) should be considered an improvement over the earlier one. In
    > particular, the Java plugin included in 1.4.2_06 is supposed to be free
    > of a dangerous cross-platform security bug that affected all earlier 1.4
    > versions from Sun.

    I have examples of HTTPS connection code that works just fine in
    the _06 version (and 1.5) but consisteently fails in the _04 and
    previous versions both on MS/Windows and Linux platforms.
    Jacob, Dec 13, 2004