    J2ME? Thank you very much.

    Best Regards,
    T.I.
    Talal Itani, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Talal Itani

    Sundar Guest

    On Feb 22, 5:04 am, "Talal Itani" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > After researching the J2ME development tools, I finally decided on NetBeans
    > and I downloaded it today, with the mobility pack. I found NetBeans be very
    > powerful, yet I am just starting with Java. NetBeans overwhelmed me, even
    > with the simple NetBeans-generated "Hello World" MIDLet. I need a simpler
    > and less powerful development tool. Which development tool do you use for
    > J2ME? Thank you very much.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > T.I.

    These links might help you choose the IDE...

    http://www.microjava.com/articles/J2ME_IDE_Comparison.pdf
    http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/29233
    http://www.mobilephonedevelopment.com/archives/26
    http://antenna.sourceforge.net/

    -Sundar
    http://heysundar.blogspot.com
    Sundar, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Talal Itani

    Sundar Guest

    On Feb 22, 5:04 am, "Talal Itani" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > After researching the J2ME development tools, I finally decided on NetBeans
    > and I downloaded it today, with the mobility pack. I found NetBeans be very
    > powerful, yet I am just starting with Java. NetBeans overwhelmed me, even
    > with the simple NetBeans-generated "Hello World" MIDLet. I need a simpler
    > and less powerful development tool. Which development tool do you use for
    > J2ME? Thank you very much.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > T.I.

    Also this link...
    http://eclipseme.org/

    Sundar, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Talal Itani

    David Kerber Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Feb 22, 5:04 am, "Talal Itani" <> wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > After researching the J2ME development tools, I finally decided on NetBeans
    > > and I downloaded it today, with the mobility pack. I found NetBeans be very
    > > powerful, yet I am just starting with Java. NetBeans overwhelmed me, even
    > > with the simple NetBeans-generated "Hello World" MIDLet. I need a simpler
    > > and less powerful development tool. Which development tool do you use for
    > > J2ME? Thank you very much.

    To the OP: Have you tried a plain text editor? That's how I started
    out in java...

    > > Best Regards,
    > > T.I.

    > Also this link...
    > http://eclipseme.org/

    If he's overwhelmed by netbeans, I think Eclipse would be even worse. I
    found Netbeans to be somewhat more intuitive than Eclipse when I was
    deciding on an IDE, but needed some of the additional capabilities of
    Eclipse.

    newsgroups if possible).
    David Kerber, Feb 22, 2007
  5. Talal Itani

    Guest

    Hi,
    Why don't you just use the KToolbar utility which comes with the
    Java Wireless Toolkit. You'll also find good documentation with it..
    you'd be able to learn it completely, and start writing code, just
    with the documentation that comes with it.

    Its fairly rudimentary.. doesn't even have a text editor.. but being
    new to Java, that's precisely why I like it.. I too was overwhelmed by
    Netbeans, being used to programming on linux using a command line
    interface.

    Hope it helps,
    -Niraj

    On Feb 22, 1:41 pm, "Sundar" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 22, 5:04 am, "Talal Itani" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > After researching theJ2MEdevelopment tools, I finally decided on NetBeans
    > > and I downloaded it today, with the mobility pack. I found NetBeans be very
    > > powerful, yet I am just starting with Java. NetBeans overwhelmed me, even
    > > with the simple NetBeans-generated "Hello World" MIDLet. I need a simpler
    > > and less powerful development tool. Which development tool do you use for
    > >J2ME? Thank you very much.

    > > Best Regards,
    > > T.I.

    > These links might help you choose the IDE...
    >
    > http://www.microjava.com/articles/J...om/archives/26http://antenna.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > -Sundarhttp://heysundar.blogspot.com
    , Feb 23, 2007
  6. Talal Itani wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > After researching the J2ME development tools, I finally decided on NetBeans
    > and I downloaded it today, with the mobility pack. I found NetBeans be very
    > powerful, yet I am just starting with Java. NetBeans overwhelmed me, even
    > with the simple NetBeans-generated "Hello World" MIDLet. I need a simpler
    > and less powerful development tool. Which development tool do you use for
    > J2ME? Thank you very much.

    You can't get much simpler than Hecl for J2ME development. It's very
    clear and concise, and also has a slightly shorter development cycle
    because there is no compile step.

    http://www.hecl.org

    --
    David N. Welton