Which Java CMS is good for me?

Discussion in 'Java' started by tnorgd, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. tnorgd

    tnorgd Guest

    Hi,

    I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
    time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
    programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
    - buil-in users' forum
    - build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
    portal)
    - customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
    I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
    template #41"
    - configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
    website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
    ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..

    Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
    doxygen documentation and git repository browser? Of course I can
    just put a link to a separate website, but maybe there is a better
    way.

    Best,
    Tim

    tnorgd, Nov 29, 2010

  2. tnorgd

    Luuk Guest

    On 29-11-10 16:42, tnorgd wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
    > time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
    > programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
    > - buil-in users' forum
    > - build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
    > portal)
    > - customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
    > I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
    > template #41"
    > - configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
    > website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
    > ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..
    >
    > Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
    > doxygen documentation and git repository browser? Of course I can
    > just put a link to a separate website, but maybe there is a better
    > way.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tim

    http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=search

    it has an option to search..

    when i pick
    - Programming language: Java
    - OS: Paltform independent
    - License: Open Source
    - Discussion/Forum: YES
    - Blog: YES

    Than only 5 options remain:
    1) Asbru Web Content Management
    2) Hippo CMS
    3) Jahia Enterprise Edition 6
    4) OpenEdit Inc. EnterMedia Digital Asset Management ands CMS
    5) Silverpeas

    The last option, to convert your old site info, will probable the hardest...

    --
    Luuk

    Luuk, Nov 29, 2010

  3. tnorgd

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 29-11-2010 10:42, tnorgd wrote:
    > I decided to refurbish a website for my software. I don't have much
    > time so I would like to use CMS and since I am devoted Java
    > programmer, I would like it to be in Java. Other criteria are:
    > - buil-in users' forum
    > - build-in blog (or it should be easy to create a blog-like sub-
    > portal)

    Those two features are not CMS but portal.

    Look for a JSR 168/268 compliant portal that comes with a CMS.

    > - customizability: I have a design in mind which I like very much and
    > I would like to have my website looking as I want rather as "standard
    > template #41"

    That should not be a problem.

    > - configuration by text files : I have a lot of content from the old
    > website which I would like to migrate. I don't won't to click for
    > ever... I'd rather write a script to do this for me..

    If you can find something with data in database or a well documented
    XMl format, then that should be doable.

    > Do you have any ideas on how to integrate such a CMS website with
    > doxygen documentation and git repository browser?

    For what source code? The CMS/portal itself??

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Nov 30, 2010