  1. Hi,

    which jdk and jre should I download to run on Solaris-2.7 sparc?

    Zsolt
    Zsolt Koppany, Oct 29, 2003

  2. "Zsolt Koppany" <> writes:
    > which jdk and jre

    Only an SDK (JDK is an old name). It includes the JRE.

    > should I download to run on Solaris-2.7 sparc?

    Whats wrong with the 1.4.2 SPARC 32 bit SDK?

    More important, get and install all the Solaris patches that are listed
    in the installation instruction.

    /Thomas
    Thomas Weidenfeller, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Yes, you are right,

    I have installed 1.4.1_05 and after installing also the patches everything
    seems to be ok. I didn't try 1.4.2 because I thought the newer the version
    the less chance I have to get it running under solaris-2.7.

    Is 1.4.2_02 stable on your Solaris-2.7 sparc? If yes I might consider to
    take that version.

    Zsolt

    "Thomas Weidenfeller" <@eed.ericsson.se> schrieb
    im Newsbeitrag news:bnqjoq$luv$...