    Windows 2000 :D. Which key do I press to get the straight line you
    need for the OR logical operator? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Fred, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Fred

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 1 Aug 2003 22:08:30 -0700, (Fred) wrote or
    quoted :

    > Which key do I press to get the straight line you
    >need for the OR logical operator?

    Shift backslash on US keyboards.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 2, 2003

  3. | is the "unix pipe" key. look above (at least on my keyboard) the
    backslash key. shift - backslash will give you |

    for the OR put 2 ||

    my backslash and pipe key is located above the enter key.

    good luck.
    Shawn

    Shawn McDermott, Aug 2, 2003
  4. (Fred) writes:

    > Which key do I press to get the straight line you need for the OR
    > logical operator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    On my keyboard it's the one left of 1 on the top row.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Aug 2, 2003
  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Thank you for that.

    Fred, Aug 2, 2003
  6. Fred

    EvErEady Guest

    Hi!

    If you use Windows, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
    Character Map

    Select, copy and paste the characters into your code.

    -EvErEady

    EvErEady, Aug 2, 2003
  7. Fred

    pete kirkham Guest

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
    > (Fred) writes:
    >

    >>Which key do I press to get the straight line you need for the OR
    >>logical operator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    > On my keyboard it's the one left of 1 on the top row.

    On UK PC it's to the right of the left shift key; on UK Mac it's above
    the right shift.

    The real killer when I first got my Mac was finding the # (Alt-3, not
    marked on the key top, shift-3 is £). Key Caps is a wonderful thing once
    you find it.

    Pete

    pete kirkham, Aug 2, 2003