which latest Linux distro comes with openJDK 7?

Discussion in 'Java' started by steveh44, Sep 15, 2011.

  1. steveh44

    steveh44 Guest

    The current Linux I am using does not have openJDK 7, it only has JDK
    6.

    I have been trying to find a linux distro which has openJDK 7.

    according to this link

    http://openjdk.java.net/install/

    It only mentions debian and Ubuntu, then it says etc...

    But on my linux, when I type the command shown above, I get an error
    that such package does not exist.

    I am using a fairly new linux which is

    Linux 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP (distro is XUbutu)

    Now, when I type

    $sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk

    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package openjdk-7-jdk

    So, before I go start downloading different linux distro and try them
    all, I would like to ask if somene know of a linux distro which will
    have openjdk-7 on it now.

    Thanks,
    Steve
    steveh44, Sep 15, 2011