    Are there any others?
    Any suggestions which one is better, more popular, focuses more
    on .net related stuff etc.

    donet programmer, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Flip a three-sided coin, donet.
    All three of them are good.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 5, 2007

  3. donet programmer

    clintonG Guest

    aspnet.Pro and Visual Studio Magazine should be added to the list so make
    that a five-sided coin. I have some opinions on this matter though as I
    subscribe to MSDN, aspnet.Pro and Visual Studio Magazine and often buy a
    copy of CoDe off the shelf or get a free copy from a local user group...

    * MSDN Magazine publishes the most complex and sophisticated content.
    * aspnet.Pro and CoDe publish content for neophytes and intermediate skilled
    developers.
    * Visual Studio Magazine [1] covers the spectrum but is now only available
    as PDF.

    I can't say anything about .NET Developers Journal.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

    [1] http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/

    "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote in
    message news:D...

    clintonG, Apr 5, 2007
  4. How about ASP.NET Pro Magazine?
    www.aspnetpro.com

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Apr 5, 2007
  5. Going through some of the contents of each magazine, I am leaning
    towards MSDN subscription. However one of the blogs had some very bad
    reviews about the msdn magazine one of the common complaint being 75%
    of its pages are filled with product advertisements. Is that true?
    Thanks for your most valuable suggestions, I think aspnet.Pro would be
    more geared towards asp.net web applications. I would like to read
    about stuff happening on other frontiers too.

    donet programmer, Apr 5, 2007
  6. donet programmer

    Mark Rae Guest

    > Are there any others?
    > Any suggestions which one is better, more popular, focuses more
    > on .net related stuff etc.

    I really like this: http://www.vsj.co.uk/

    Main focus is on Microsoft development technologies, but they also have
    features on other stuff e.g. Java, Ruby, Delphi etc so you can keep an eye
    on what else is going on...

    Not sure if they ship outside the UK, though...

    Mark Rae, Apr 5, 2007
  7. donet programmer

    sloan Guest

    I'd have to say I like
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/

    The magazine is thin enough to actually read.
    And I find something useful every month usually.

    sloan, Apr 27, 2007
  8. i concur, nice magazine, to the point. full of usefull stuff.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 27, 2007