Which magazine to subscribe for .NET/C#

donet programmer

I wish to subscribe to a paper copy of monthly/biweekly magazine
on .NET/C#. I am a .NET developer with interest in new developments
in .net, coding best practices, design patterns, software
architecture, Ajax, WPF etc.
I came across these 3 magazines and couldn't decide which one to
subscribe to:
- MSDN
- .NET Developer's journal
- CoDe magazine

Are there any others?
Any suggestions which one is better, more popular, focuses more
on .net related stuff etc.

clintonG

aspnet.Pro and Visual Studio Magazine should be added to the list so make
that a five-sided coin. I have some opinions on this matter though as I
subscribe to MSDN, aspnet.Pro and Visual Studio Magazine and often buy a
copy of CoDe off the shelf or get a free copy from a local user group...

* MSDN Magazine publishes the most complex and sophisticated content.
* aspnet.Pro and CoDe publish content for neophytes and intermediate skilled
developers.
* Visual Studio Magazine [1] covers the spectrum but is now only available
as PDF.

I can't say anything about .NET Developers Journal.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

[1] http://www.ftponline.com/vsm/

donet programmer

Going through some of the contents of each magazine, I am leaning
towards MSDN subscription. However one of the blogs had some very bad
reviews about the msdn magazine one of the common complaint being 75%
of its pages are filled with product advertisements. Is that true?
Thanks for your most valuable suggestions, I think aspnet.Pro would be
more geared towards asp.net web applications. I would like to read
about stuff happening on other frontiers too.

Mark Rae

Are there any others?
Any suggestions which one is better, more popular, focuses more
on .net related stuff etc.

I really like this: http://www.vsj.co.uk/

Main focus is on Microsoft development technologies, but they also have
features on other stuff e.g. Java, Ruby, Delphi etc so you can keep an eye
on what else is going on...

Not sure if they ship outside the UK, though...

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

i concur, nice magazine, to the point. full of usefull stuff.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney