Which one do you prefer?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
Both pages: Main menu very hard to read. Color scheme and layout are, ehhh,
not so attractive :-(

Do you mean the background colour or which colour are you talking about? Do
you find the colour too bright or too dark?
Margins are too wide.
As a matter of fact
I have seen other pages as www.google.com and www.yahoo.com which have
margins which are approximately as wide as the ones on
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/keramikbilder.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/keramikbildertest.html

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

Nico Schuyt

Luigi said:
Nico Schuyt wrote
Do you mean the background colour or which colour are you talking
about? Do you find the colour too bright or too dark?
It's the combination of blue and yellow I think. Start with a more neutral
background.
Remove those blue borders from the pictures

As a matter of fact
I have seen other pages as www.google.com and www.yahoo.com which have
margins which are approximately as wide

Google has so little content. In your case it's a waist of screen.

Other suggestions:
- Try a sans serif font like Arial.
- Place the description below the pictures.
- Center the pictures when there are more next to each other. Let single
pictures float left or right in the text.
- Remove the image map. Slows down the site. Nobody recognises it as an
image map (I didn't notice untill I looked at the coding).
- Use div boxes instead of tables for more flexibility and accessibility.
- Improve the quality of the pictures.

Cheers, Nico
PS But first of all do something about that menu :):
Välkommen Benvenuti Welcome Willkommen |*Hjälp*| |*Hyresförmedling*|
|*Översättning*| |*Språkundervisning*| |*Tolkning*| |*Förmedling av varor*|
|*Vill du hyra ut din semesterbostad som är belägen i Sverige?*| |*Info om
Sverige på italienska*| |*Boende i Italien*| |*Lägenheter, hus, rum i
Italien*| |* Var i Italien vill du bo på semester ? *| | *Vad kostar
hyresförmedlingen*| |* Italiens regioner, huvudorter, miljöer*| | *Parterna
i hyresavtalet*| |* Bilder på hyresvärdar och hyresgäster*| |Bergarna*|
|*Kullarna*| |*Vulkanerna*| |*Sandkusten*| |*Havet*| |*Sjöarna*| |*Älvarna*|
|*Öarna*| |*Slätterna*| |*Stenstränderna*|

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
It's the combination of blue and yellow I think. Start with a more neutral
background.
Remove those blue borders from the pictures

Blue and yellow are used in the Swedish flag
http://flagspot.net/flags/se.html
- Remove the image map. Slows down the site. Nobody recognises it as an
image map (I didn't notice untill I looked at the coding).

May-be I could explain on the page that it is an image map.
- Use div boxes instead of tables for more flexibility and accessibility.
- Improve the quality of the pictures.

I scanned the pictures, I am not so sure that I could improve them so much.
They would have probably looked like much better if they had been by a
digital camera.
Cheers, Nico
PS But first of all do something about that menu :):
Välkommen Benvenuti Welcome Willkommen |*Hjälp*| |*Hyresförmedling*|
|*Översättning*| |*Språkundervisning*| |*Tolkning*| |*Förmedling av varor*|
|*Vill du hyra ut din semesterbostad som är belägen i Sverige?*| |*Info om
Sverige på italienska*| |*Boende i Italien*| |*Lägenheter, hus, rum i
Italien*| |* Var i Italien vill du bo på semester ? *| | *Vad kostar
hyresförmedlingen*| |* Italiens regioner, huvudorter, miljöer*| | *Parterna
i hyresavtalet*| |* Bilder på hyresvärdar och hyresgäster*| |Bergarna*|
|*Kullarna*| |*Vulkanerna*| |*Sandkusten*| |*Havet*| |*Sjöarna*| |*Älvarna*|
|*Öarna*| |*Slätterna*| |*Stenstränderna*|

Well, actualy, II am not sure I understand what you did not like in the
menu.

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

Nico Schuyt

Luigi said:
Nico Schuyt skrev
Blue and yellow are used in the Swedish flag
http://flagspot.net/flags/se.html

Nothing wrong with a flag or a logo in those colors but you can't make the
whole page like that. Besides, neither your blue, nor the yellow are the
colors of the flag.
If the Swedish flag is important, so use it on a neutral background (soft
gray for example) and apply the blue color of the flag for headings (H1, H2
etc). Maybe the yellow as hover color in normal links.
May-be I could explain on the page that it is an image map.

That is highly impractical :)

You missed this one :)
I scanned the pictures, I am not so sure that I could improve them so
much. They would have probably looked like much better if they had
been by a digital camera.

A scanner should do the job. Save the scan as .BMP (probably default) and
convert it with a picture editor to a properly compressed JPG.
Upload a scan to your site for some further advice if you like.
Well, actualy, II am not sure I understand what you did not like in
the menu.

It's difficult to read with all that *||*. And too many options in the menu.
Split it up in a main menu and submenus. Use CSS-buttons instead of the *||*

Cheers, Nico

Phrederik

To be honest, there isn't anything I like about the page myself.

- Headings are too big
- Colour choice could be better. Definately too many different coloured
backgrounds on your links.
- Margins are too wide
- That "||" menu thing is awful! Why do SOME links have a different colour
background?
- That image map is not obvious. Each section should be differenciated
somehow. Why can't I click on the fruit on the table? It's just as obvious
as the bowl next to it.
- Picture quality is lacking. Not the detail of the picture, but just how it
fits with the page. The extraneous stuff around the picture should be
trimmed out.
- Counters are not professional at all. If you want a counter, put it
someplace for you to see, not everyone else.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Phrederik said:
To be honest, there isn't anything I like about the page myself.

To be honest I do not like many other pages which I visit either.
- Headings are too big

Big headings also have some advantages, they may help people to find it more
difficult to read a text, usually elderly users

Have a look at www.gazzetta.it They have much text and still large margins.
The same works for www.yahoo.com for example.
- That "||" menu thing is awful! Why do SOME links have a different colour
background?
- That image map is not obvious. Each section should be differenciated
somehow. Why can't I click on the fruit on the table? It's just as obvious
as the bowl next to it.

Because the fruit is not on sale.
- Picture quality is lacking. Not the detail of the picture, but just how it
fits with the page. The extraneous stuff around the picture should be
trimmed out.
- Counters are not professional at all. If you want a counter, put it
someplace for you to see, not everyone else.

I did not make the counter myself. I got it from Telia which offers web
hosting.

Best regards

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/siena.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
Nothing wrong with a flag or a logo in those colors but you can't make the
whole page like that. Besides, neither your blue, nor the yellow are the
colors of the flag.

I just meant that blue and yellow are popular in Sweden.

That is highly impractical :)

You missed this one :)
Sorry!
I am not sure what you mean with div boxes, if you explain it further I can
try to answer. Tables anyway are shown correctly even by browsers which do
not understand CSS..
A scanner should do the job. Save the scan as .BMP (probably default) and
convert it with a picture editor to a properly compressed JPG.
Upload a scan to your site for some further advice if you like.

I do not know how I did the job when I scanned that photo. Nowadays I
usually save as TIF and after adjusting the photo I save it as JPG
It's difficult to read with all that *||*. And too many options in the menu.
Split it up in a main menu and submenus. Use CSS-buttons instead of the
*||*

Yes, I may divide the menu in several sections

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/siena.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

Big headings also have some advantages, they may help people to find it more
difficult to read a text, usually elderly users

I have to correct the sentence which is above which I write before.
I meant:
Big headings also have some advantages, they may help people who find it
more
difficult to read a text, usually elderly users

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/siena.html

Phrederik

To be honest, there isn't anything I like about the page myself.
To be honest I do not like many other pages which I visit either.

Big headings also have some advantages, they may help people to find it more
difficult to read a text, usually elderly users

TOO big doesn't help anyone.
Have a look at www.gazzetta.it They have much text and still large margins.
The same works for www.yahoo.com for example.

Nope. These pages have no margins. The fit the whole width of the window.
Your page has about 25% blank space on each side!
Because the fruit is not on sale.

And how do I know that the bowl IS for sale?

You are making a website for STRANGERS to visit. You can assume NOTHING
about the site when you create it.
how

I did not make the counter myself. I got it from Telia which offers web
hosting.

It still doesn't need to be on your page, does it? If so, move your host. Of
course, if this is just a temporary location it's not a big deal.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Phrederik said:
TOO big doesn't help anyone.

The question is whether everyone thinks that they are too big...
What about www.lavilla.se ? How big is the title?
Nope. These pages have no margins. The fit the whole width of the window.
Your page has about 25% blank space on each side!

I see them on the monitor as they have margins. How do you count this 25%?
The margins I have set are 10% on each side.
And how do I know that the bowl IS for sale?

If you read the text in Swedish which is also to be completed, you can read
that I offer the intermediation if you want to buy objects which are made in
ceramics. Is the fruit made of ceramics? The page is in Swedish, so I assume
that it is visited by people who speak Swedish. By the way, I am going to
add pages about Internet sale of the same products in ceramics.
I am writing again the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

- -