Which one is the best log4cpp , log4cplus or log4cxx ?

Matthieu Labour

Hi,
I want to use a c++ version of log4j. But there are 3 of them :log4cpp,
log4cplus, log4cx.
Whis one is the best ?
Thank you

Frank Schmitt

Kevin Goodsell said:
The solution to your problem can be found here:

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

Huh? Since when is a question of the sort "Is library bla better than library
blubb" OT?
Every time someone asks "What is the best documentation tool?" or
"What is the best cross-platform GUI library?", he gets valid answers - so
why not here?

The OT police in this NG is getting just ridiculous, IMHO.

regards
frank

Alf P. Steinbach

Since the very beginning. See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Every time someone asks "What is the best documentation tool?" or
"What is the best cross-platform GUI library?", he gets valid answers

That is incorrect.

so why not here?

See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

The OT police in this NG is getting just ridiculous, IMHO.

See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Read The Fucking Manual -- [ftp://rftm.mit.edu].

Hth.,

- Alf (longtime newser)

Frank Schmitt

Huh? Since when is a question of the sort "Is library bla better
than library blubb" OT?

Since the very beginning. See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Every time someone asks "What is the best documentation tool?" or
"What is the best cross-platform GUI library?", he gets valid answers

That is incorrect.

Oh, really?
How about

http://tinyurl.com/mmnx
http://tinyurl.com/mmo1
http://tinyurl.com/mmoa

Been there, done that, thank you.
The OT police in this NG is getting just ridiculous, IMHO.

See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Read The Fucking Manual -- [ftp://rftm.mit.edu].

How nice.
- Alf (longtime newser)

frank - longtime newser who, until now, thought that clueless
newbies were the worst thing on usenet - but recently, angry
veterans are getting surprisingly close.

Alf P. Steinbach

None of those contain requests for "best" of anything.

Asking for "best" is trolling.

Please follow that advice, then. Thank you.

The OT police in this NG is getting just ridiculous, IMHO.

See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Read The Fucking Manual -- [ftp://rftm.mit.edu].

How nice.

It is. Unfortunately MIT did not follow up when the web started
gaining popularity, and so many FAQs are now only available on the
web. But do Read The Fucking Manual anyway -- thank you.

Kevin Goodsell

Frank said:
Since the very beginning. See [http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt].

Every time someone asks "What is the best documentation tool?" or
"What is the best cross-platform GUI library?", he gets valid answers

That is incorrect.

Oh, really?
How about

http://tinyurl.com/mmnx
http://tinyurl.com/mmo1
http://tinyurl.com/mmoa

Occasionally some people answer an off-topic question. That doesn't make
the questions on-topic, it just means both the question and answer are
off-topic.

If the person had said something like, "I'm sorry for the off-topic
post, but I haven't been able to find a good answer to this and I hope
someone here who has experience with these can help me," then I would
have ignored the message. He gave no indication that he knew or cared
that his message was off-topic, or that he had bothered to 1) try to
find out what is topical before posting, 2) tried to find an answer
himself, 3) checked for a welcome message of FAQ for the group before
posting, 4) read several messages before posting. 1 through 4 are common
usenet courtesy. He showed no respect for the group, so I don't feel a
particular need to show respect for him. I did point him to a useful
document, however, which is more than his post deserved.

-Kevin

Frank Schmitt

Kevin Goodsell said:
Occasionally some people answer an off-topic question. That doesn't
make the questions on-topic, it just means both the question and
answer are off-topic.
Agreed.

If the person had said something like, "I'm sorry for the off-topic
post, but I haven't been able to find a good answer to this and I hope
someone here who has experience with these can help me," then I would
have ignored the message. He gave no indication that he knew or cared
that his message was off-topic, or that he had bothered to 1) try to
find out what is topical before posting, 2) tried to find an answer
himself, 3) checked for a welcome message of FAQ for the group before
posting, 4) read several messages before posting. 1 through 4 are
common usenet courtesy. He showed no respect for the group, so I don't
feel a particular need to show respect for him. I did point him to a
useful document, however, which is more than his post deserved.

Sounds sensible to me - although IMHO questions like the one the OP
asked should be on-topic in comp.lang.c++, but that's just my
personal opinion.

regards
frank

Mike Smith

Frank said:
Sounds sensible to me - although IMHO questions like the one the OP
asked should be on-topic in comp.lang.c++, but that's just my
personal opinion.

Maybe we need a group like "comp.c++.programming" or somesuch for
discussion of actual programming in C++? (Or is there one already?)

Alf P. Steinbach

Maybe we need a group like "comp.c++.programming" or somesuch for
discussion of actual programming in C++? (Or is there one already?)

<url:
Accepts english postings.