Which package to choose?

ankit

Hi pupil, please let me know which package to choose for xml processing
in python .
Here are my requirements

"I want a package which provides me schema support along with minidom
support.
According to my findings, "libxml2" provides schema support but it
needs either libxml2 or libgdome2 for minidom support. But these
pacakges are not well tested exp libxml2dom.
Also, libxml2 is not so much pythonic i,e more based and used with C.
So there is lack of documentation for that and I am new to that. I need
proper documentation"

Other option I can go for some "Pyxml or 4suite". Which one is more
suited to xml standards?
And Is there any independent package available for schema support which
I can use along with it? the platform I am using Linux as my platform.

Hope you guys clear me. :)

Thanks

Dennis Benzinger

ankit said:
Hi pupil, please let me know which package to choose for xml processing
in python .
Here are my requirements

"I want a package which provides me schema support along with minidom
support.
According to my findings, "libxml2" provides schema support but it
needs either libxml2 or libgdome2 for minidom support. But these
pacakges are not well tested exp libxml2dom.
Also, libxml2 is not so much pythonic i,e more based and used with C.
So there is lack of documentation for that and I am new to that. I need
proper documentation"
[...]

lxml <http://codespeak.net/lxml/> may be what you are looking for. It's
a pythonic binding for libxml2 and libxslt.

Bye,
Dennis

ankit

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me how stable is this package ? I
mean to say how upto the standards it is. And also after seeing into
the details I concluded that it also doesnot provide minidom support.
Can I use libxml2dom or libgdome2 with it ? :)
Thanks ...