Which pdf forms solution should I use?

clintonG

Oh boy, do I need help on this one... and I'm hoping somebody can lead me to
a viable C# pdf forms library or similar pdf solution to allow me to build
an application which replicates a series of 3 part paper NCR forms used to
collect contractual data (with a digitial signature required). The data must
then be sent securely over the web to a server where the data will be put
into the server's file system for pickup and review by others who will then
pass it on to DBAs who will script the data into a SQL Server database.

My job is form design and coding the collection of the data and selecting a
viable protocol which I think will be HTTPS. There is a need to maintain the
look and feel of paper including the ability to print out the contract after
the data has been collected while automating the collection and submission
of data which can easily be scripted into a SQL Server database by DBAs. I
believe pdf forms are the way to go at this point in time. Furthermore,
since the data needs to be extracted from the forms so DBAs can automate
entering the contract data into a SQL Server database I'm thinking the use
of XML comes to mind.

I have no experience with pdf --yet-- so I'm all ears asking for your sage
advice regarding libraries, components, controls or whatever you have used
to replicate contractual paper forms using pdf.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

Cc: news://microsoft.public.dotnet.general

Elroyskimms

[...]

URLhttp://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/

Cc: news://microsoft.public.dotnet.general

I've been using Cete Software's DynamicPDF Generator for a couple of
years now and i highly recommend it. You can download a full demo
which will water-mark your samples but otherwise let you mess with
everything. Check it out at: www.cete.com

-E

clintonG

Elroyskimms said:
I've been using Cete Software's DynamicPDF Generator for a couple of
years now and i highly recommend it. You can download a full demo
which will water-mark your samples but otherwise let you mess with
everything. Check it out at: www.cete.com

-E

Just got off the phone with Adobe who recommends Acrobat Professional as it
support fillable forms and digital signatures. I'll study Cete Software
thank you...