Which pdf forms solution should I use?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by clintonG, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Oh boy, do I need help on this one... and I'm hoping somebody can lead me to
    a viable C# pdf forms library or similar pdf solution to allow me to build
    an application which replicates a series of 3 part paper NCR forms used to
    collect contractual data (with a digitial signature required). The data must
    then be sent securely over the web to a server where the data will be put
    into the server's file system for pickup and review by others who will then
    pass it on to DBAs who will script the data into a SQL Server database.

    My job is form design and coding the collection of the data and selecting a
    viable protocol which I think will be HTTPS. There is a need to maintain the
    look and feel of paper including the ability to print out the contract after
    the data has been collected while automating the collection and submission
    of data which can easily be scripted into a SQL Server database by DBAs. I
    believe pdf forms are the way to go at this point in time. Furthermore,
    since the data needs to be extracted from the forms so DBAs can automate
    entering the contract data into a SQL Server database I'm thinking the use
    of XML comes to mind.

    I have no experience with pdf --yet-- so I'm all ears asking for your sage
    advice regarding libraries, components, controls or whatever you have used
    to replicate contractual paper forms using pdf.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

    Cc: news://microsoft.public.dotnet.general
    clintonG, Sep 24, 2007

  2. clintonG

    Elroyskimms Guest

    On Sep 24, 3:53 pm, "clintonG" <> wrote:
    > Oh boy, do I need help on this one... and I'm hoping somebody can lead me to
    > a viable C# pdf forms library or similar pdf solution to allow me to build
    > an application which replicates a series of 3 part paper NCR forms used to
    > collect contractual data (with a digitial signature required). The data must
    > then be sent securely over the web to a server where the data will be put
    > into the server's file system for pickup and review by others who will then
    > pass it on to DBAs who will script the data into a SQL Server database.
    >
    > My job is form design and coding the collection of the data and selecting a
    > viable protocol which I think will be HTTPS. There is a need to maintain the
    > look and feel of paper including the ability to print out the contract after
    > the data has been collected while automating the collection and submission
    > of data which can easily be scripted into a SQL Server database by DBAs. I
    > believe pdf forms are the way to go at this point in time. Furthermore,
    > since the data needs to be extracted from the forms so DBAs can automate
    > entering the contract data into a SQL Server database I'm thinking the use
    > of XML comes to mind.
    >
    > I have no experience with pdf --yet-- so I'm all ears asking for your sage
    > advice regarding libraries, components, controls or whatever you have used
    > to replicate contractual paper forms using pdf.
    >
    > <%= Clinton Gallagher
    > NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    > URLhttp://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
    >
    > Cc: news://microsoft.public.dotnet.general

    I've been using Cete Software's DynamicPDF Generator for a couple of
    years now and i highly recommend it. You can download a full demo
    which will water-mark your samples but otherwise let you mess with
    everything. Check it out at: www.cete.com

    -E
    Elroyskimms, Sep 24, 2007

  3. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    "Elroyskimms" <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 24, 3:53 pm, "clintonG" <> wrote:
    >> Oh boy, do I need help on this one... and I'm hoping somebody can lead me
    >> a viable C# pdf forms library or similar pdf solution to allow me to
    >> build
    >> an application which replicates a series of 3 part paper NCR forms used
    >> collect contractual data (with a digitial signature required). The data
    >> must
    >> then be sent securely over the web to a server where the data will be
    >> put
    >> into the server's file system for pickup and review by others who will
    >> then
    >> pass it on to DBAs who will script the data into a SQL Server database.
    >>
    >> My job is form design and coding the collection of the data and selecting
    >> viable protocol which I think will be HTTPS. There is a need to maintain
    >> the
    >> look and feel of paper including the ability to print out the contract
    >> after
    >> the data has been collected while automating the collection and
    >> submission
    >> of data which can easily be scripted into a SQL Server database by DBAs.
    >> believe pdf forms are the way to go at this point in time. Furthermore,
    >> since the data needs to be extracted from the forms so DBAs can automate
    >> entering the contract data into a SQL Server database I'm thinking the
    >> use
    >> of XML comes to mind.
    >>
    >> I have no experience with pdf --yet-- so I'm all ears asking for your
    >> sage
    >> advice regarding libraries, components, controls or whatever you have
    >> used
    >> to replicate contractual paper forms using pdf.
    >>
    >> <%= Clinton Gallagher
    >> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    >> URLhttp://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
    >>
    >> Cc: news://microsoft.public.dotnet.general

    > I've been using Cete Software's DynamicPDF Generator for a couple of
    > years now and i highly recommend it. You can download a full demo
    > which will water-mark your samples but otherwise let you mess with
    > everything. Check it out at: www.cete.com
    >
    > -E

    Just got off the phone with Adobe who recommends Acrobat Professional as it
    support fillable forms and digital signatures. I'll study Cete Software
    thank you...
    clintonG, Sep 24, 2007