PyPgSQL, psycopg or PyGreSQL?
Thanks.

Thomas Guettler

Hussein said:
Hey,
Which Adapter to use with PostgreSQL:
PyPgSQL, psycopg or PyGreSQL?
Thanks.

I think psycopg2 is a good choice. Never tried anything else.

Thomas

D'Arcy J.M. Cain

I think psycopg2 is a good choice. Never tried anything else.

PyGreSQL 4.0 is currently in beta and should be released shortly. Here
is the changelog so far.

- Dropped support for Python below 2.3 and PostgreSQL below 7.2
- Added new method to get parameter settings.
- Added row_factory as suggested by Simon Pamies.
- Separated between mandatory and additional type objects.
- Added keyword args to insert, update and delete methods.
- Added exception handling for direct copy.
- Release the GIL while making a connection
(as suggested by Peter Schuller).
- If available, use decimal.Decimal for numeric types.
- Allow DB wrapper to be used with DB-API 2 connections
(as suggested by Chris Hilton).
- Made private attributes of DB wrapper accessible.

http://www.PyGreSQL.org/