which program I need for sftp using paramiko??

Discussion in 'Python' started by sa6113, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. sa6113

    sa6113 Guest

    which program I have to install for using paramiko for sftp between a two
    windows machine in local network??
    I have installed freeSSHd for server machine but I got an Authentication
    failed erro when try to connect to server using this code :

    sock.connect((hostname, port))
    t = paramiko.Transport(sock)
    event = threading.Event()
    t.start_client(event)
    event.wait()
    if not t.is_active():
    print 'SSH negotiation failed.'
    sys.exit(1)
    else:
    print "SSH negotiation sucessful"
    event.clear()
    t.auth_password(username=username, password=password,event=event)

    if not t.is_authenticated():
    print "Authentication failed"

    output:

    SSH negotiation successful
    Authentication failed

    May I install any program on client computer such as openssh ?
    please help me.
    Thanks

    sa6113, Oct 22, 2008