    with pythonw.exe

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Philippe C. Martin

    keirr Guest

    Philippe,

    You wrote: I wish to associate *.pyc with pythonw.exe

    is there some reason why Tools->Folder Options->File Types (from a
    Windows Explorer menu) won't work?

    You could do it from a cmd prompt with assoc and ftype if you needed to
    script it.

    All the best,

    Keir.

    keirr, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Keir,

    I forgot to mention that I want to do it automatically from my application's
    installer.

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Sep 6, 2005
  4. Philippe C. Martin

    keirr Guest

    Philippe,

    Windows file associations are in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

    Hope that helps you.

    All the best,

    Keir.

    keirr, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Yes Keir, Thanks a lot.

    Regards;

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, Sep 6, 2005
  6. Philippe C. Martin

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Philippe C. Martin wrote:
    > I forgot to mention that I want to do it automatically from my application's
    > installer.

    Calling the "assoc" and "ftype" commands is one approach. Try them with
    the existing settings to see how standard Python sets them up:

    c:\> assoc .py
    ..py=Python.File

    c:\> ftype Python.File

    Use "assoc /?" or "ftype /?" for help.