    clicking and so on. I wonder which script language is the best for
    such operations. As far as I know watir is good in Ruby. What about
    Python and others? Advantanges and disadvantages? Thanks in advance!

    campos, Nov 18, 2007

  2. Note: parts of this message were removed by the gateway to make it a legal Usenet post.

    Ruby has mechanize too. http://mechanize.rubyforge.org

    Michael Guterl, Nov 18, 2007

  3. campos

    campos Guest

    On Nov 18, 3:37 pm, Phlip <> wrote:
    > campos wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm trying to write an application which uses script to control web
    > > browser, such as inputing some data in the form, submitting, button
    > > clicking and so on. I wonder which script language is the best for
    > > such operations. As far as I know watir is good in Ruby. What about
    > > Python and others? Advantanges and disadvantages? Thanks in advance!

    > Do you need all the features of a browser? Such as visual images,
    > JavaScript, CSS, etc.?
    >
    > Or are you just trying to drive the servers' program thru HTTP?
    >
    > If the former, you need to use a browser and its scripting language. Try
    > Selenium, Watir, or their ilk.
    >
    > If the later, then you just need the HTTP protocol. Try HttpUnit in
    > Java, or its equivalents in other languages. I think Perl has Mechanize.
    >
    > And stay with Ruby, if you can!
    >
    > --
    > Phlip

    I need visualization of the browser, emulation of human's activities.
    Let me try Selenium and Watir. Thanks Phlip!

    campos, Nov 18, 2007
  4. campos

    campos Guest

    On Nov 18, 3:46 pm, Michael Guterl <> wrote:
    > Note: parts of this message were removed by the gateway to make it a legal Usenet post.
    >
    > On Nov 18, 2007 2:40 AM, Phlip <> wrote:
    >

    > > campos wrote:
    > > > Hi,

    > > > I'm trying to write an application which uses script to control web
    > > > browser, such as inputing some data in the form, submitting, button
    > > > clicking and so on. I wonder which script language is the best for
    > > > such operations. As far as I know watir is good in Ruby. What about
    > > > Python and others? Advantanges and disadvantages? Thanks in advance!

    > > Do you need all the features of a browser? Such as visual images,
    > > JavaScript, CSS, etc.?

    > > Or are you just trying to drive the servers' program thru HTTP?

    > > If the former, you need to use a browser and its scripting language. Try
    > > Selenium, Watir, or their ilk.

    > > If the later, then you just need the HTTP protocol. Try HttpUnit in
    > > Java, or its equivalents in other languages. I think Perl has Mechanize.

    > Ruby has mechanize too.http://mechanize.rubyforge.org

    Cool. It seems making a choice is really hard.

    campos, Nov 18, 2007
  5. campos

    campos Guest

    On Nov 18, 4:34 pm, campos <> wrote:
    > On Nov 18, 3:46 pm, Michael Guterl <> wrote:
    >

    > > Note: parts of this message were removed by the gateway to make it a legal Usenet post.

    > > > Do you need all the features of a browser? Such as visual images,
    > > > JavaScript, CSS, etc.?

    > > > Or are you just trying to drive the servers' program thru HTTP?

    > > > If the former, you need to use a browser and its scripting language. Try
    > > > Selenium, Watir, or their ilk.

    > > > If the later, then you just need the HTTP protocol. Try HttpUnit in
    > > > Java, or its equivalents in other languages. I think Perl has Mechanize.

    > > Ruby has mechanize too.http://mechanize.rubyforge.org

    > Cool. It seems making a choice is really hard.
    >

    > > > And stay with Ruby, if you can!

    > > > --
    > > > Phlip- Hide quoted text -

    Find an article that really makes sense.
    http://opensource.thoughtworks.com/papers/WatirAndSelenium.html

    campos, Nov 18, 2007