    shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
    prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.

    T.I.

    Talal Itani, Feb 9, 2007

  2. [Default] "Talal Itani" <> went like:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
    >the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
    >customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
    >shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
    >prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
    >
    >T.I.

    Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
    to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

    Ombudsman Superiour
    --
    Are you a business person cheated by Ebay?
    Want to do something about it?

    Ombudsman Superiour, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Ombudsman Superiour <> wrote in
    message:
    ,

    <from your sig>
    > Are you a business person cheated by Ebay?
    > Want to do something about it?

    <snipped url>

    From the site:

    "We built an Ebay business, had an Ebay store, paid to be "ID Verifed",
    were encouraged to invest in Ebay advertising (we were even buying the
    $300 a week front page ads), had 100% positive feedback (about 39 or
    so)"

    39 feedback and you call that an eBay business?

    Need I point out the obvious? eBay/PayPal is a private business. They
    are not a bank and they are not a public utility. Their many problems
    are very well documented and it would be nice if they weren't such
    money-grubbing aholes with enormous power over their users, but they are
    and they do.

    Fortunately, there are other alternatives and those alternatives are
    becoming more popular every day. It's better to put your energy into
    promoting and making the most of those alternatives than to expend a lot
    of effort into trying to get eBay/PayPal to change.

    --
    Red

    Red E. Kilowatt, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Talal Itani

    Pogonip Guest

    Ombudsman Superiour wrote:
    > [Default] "Talal Itani" <> went like:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
    >>the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
    >>customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
    >>shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
    >>prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
    >>
    >>T.I.
    >>

    > Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
    > to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.
    >
    > Ombudsman Superiour

    Both of you.
    --
    Joanne
    stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

    Pogonip, Feb 9, 2007
  5. Ombudsman Superiour wrote:
    > [Default] "Talal Itani" <> went like:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
    >> the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
    >> customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
    >> shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
    >> prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
    >>
    >> T.I.
    >>

    > Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
    > to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

    What they have is a service ("A Real Merchant Account") that they're
    trying to market in competition with PayPal. Do you have any evidence
    that anything reported on their site is true?

    Harlan Messinger, Feb 9, 2007
  6. [Default] Harlan Messinger <>
    went like:

    >> Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
    >> to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

    >What they have is a service ("A Real Merchant Account") that they're
    >trying to market in competition with PayPal. Do you have any evidence
    >that anything reported on their site is true?

    I see over there things consistent with many published complaints
    regarding Paypal.

    Ombudsman Superiour

    Ombudsman Superiour, Feb 10, 2007
  7. Talal Itani

    Tom Miller Guest

    "Talal Itani" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
    > the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
    > customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
    > shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
    > prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
    >
    > T.I.

    If it is a "real" shopping cart, it usually has a shipping calculator as
    either part of the cart or as an optional addon. Depending on the area your
    trying to service and the speed at which you want to ship you can even quote
    a flat rate for say ground express to the country border.

    A lot of it depends on if your buying some elses cart and modifying it,
    using someone elses service and so forth. I am not about to offer any
    specific recommendations because I have only used them from the outside, not
    implemented them.

    Thanks,
    Tom

    --