    and have no trouble simulating on their platform. I am sure this question
    has been asked and answered many times. Apologies if so.

    Dave
    Davo, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Davo

    Pedro Claro Guest

    "Davo" <> wrote in message news:<3f3f8e6f$0$10355$>...
    > I want to work from home on my University project. The University uses
    > Foundation 4.2 and I want to know if any of the free downloads (i.e Webpack)
    > will be compatitble so that I can take me designs into Uni done from home
    > and have no trouble simulating on their platform. I am sure this question
    > has been asked and answered many times. Apologies if so.
    >
    > Dave

    I believe the Xilinx Webpack is compatible with the ISE 4.2. You can
    also save only the vhdl files and the waveforms.

    Pedro Claro
    Pedro Claro, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Davo

    james Guest

    On 18 Aug 2003 13:07:39 -0700, (Pedro
    Claro) wrote:

    >"Davo" <> wrote in message news:<3f3f8e6f$0$10355$>...
    >> I want to work from home on my University project. The University uses
    >> Foundation 4.2 and I want to know if any of the free downloads (i.e Webpack)
    >> will be compatitble so that I can take me designs into Uni done from home
    >> and have no trouble simulating on their platform. I am sure this question
    >> has been asked and answered many times. Apologies if so.
    >>
    >> Dave

    >I believe the Xilinx Webpack is compatible with the ISE 4.2. You can
    >also save only the vhdl files and the waveforms.
    >
    >Pedro Claro

    I have Webpack 4.2WP3 and it supports only the SpartanII/IIe, Virtex2,
    Virtexe, Coolrunner and 9500 series devices. If I remember correctly
    the ISE 4.2 Student version will only support the XC4xxx and Spartan
    devices. Webpack does not come with coregen, but does have statecad
    and schematic editor. That is real nice for doing top level wiring and
    documentation purposes. For a student or hobby purposes the Webpack is
    fine piece of software.

    I have saved schematic files with webpack 4.2 no problem. The main
    limitation is that on the Spartan II is limited to 200K devices and
    IIe limited to 300K devices and the Virtex2 is limited to 250K and "e"
    are limited up to 300K devices.

    The only reason I have not moved up to 5.x webpack is that I am still
    using Windoze 98. If Webpack 5 or newer version had a linux port then
    I would consider switching.

    james
    james, Aug 21, 2003