    which text book is just for the c++ beginers?
    thks
    , Mar 9, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > which text book is just for the c++ beginers?
    > thks

    Are you a beginner at C++, or a beginner at programming?

    john
    John Harrison, Mar 9, 2007

  3. Peter.Vanopulos, Mar 9, 2007
  4. John Harrison, Mar 9, 2007
  5. Sarath Guest

    Sarath, Mar 9, 2007
  6. nw Guest

    On Mar 9, 5:49 am, wrote:
    > which text book is just for the c++ beginers?
    > thks

    I recommend "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo. It really helped
    improve my C++ coding and it teaches you from the ground up.
    nw, Mar 9, 2007
  7. blangela Guest

    On Mar 9, 6:05 am, "nw" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 5:49 am, wrote:
    >
    > > which text book is just for the c++ beginers?
    > > thks

    > I recommend "Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo. It really helped
    > improve my C++ coding and it teaches you from the ground up.

    I also like "C++ Primer" 4th editon (Moo is one of the authors, same
    Moo as "Accelerated C++" above) and "C++ How To Program" by Deitel
    and Deitel. The first is organized more as a reference than as a
    college text book while the second is the reverse. I like the Deitel
    and Deitel text because of the example programs -- many example
    programs and each one demonstrates a language feature in isolation, so
    that the feature is easy to understand.

    Bob L.
    blangela, Mar 9, 2007