Which Visual IDE is the best for web service programming?

Discussion in 'Java' started by YaKs, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. YaKs

    YaKs Guest

    Hi everybody!

    Nowdays in my company, we are trying to choose one language to use for
    almost every new project.

    We have mainly two points to take into account:
    * fast and easy development
    * easy way to create and deploy web services.

    Of course the reliable, scalability, security, interoperatibity and
    multi-platform are also consider.

    I programmed in JAVA one year and a half ago and now I am programming
    in C# and I have seen how easy and fast is to create a web service
    making use of .NET architecture.

    could somebody tell any visual IDE as easy as Visual Studio to programm
    Web Services? WebSphere? WebLogic? JBorland?

    if somebody also tell me good reasons to use JAVA instead of .NET I
    will be very grateful to you.

    Thanks in advance.
    Jose
    YaKs, Oct 4, 2005

  2. YaKs

    ziki Guest

    Some reasons for java:
    1) cross platform !
    2) a lot of open sourse applications (money saving), alot of user
    manals
    3) alot of free IDE's (money saving)
    4) you can choose what webservise container to use

    you need more reasons ? :)
    ziki, Oct 4, 2005

  3. YaKs

    Noah Fiedel Guest

    Hi Jose,
    At my company we use a mix of different IDEs depending on developer
    preference. More importantly, we have a standardized "Stack" of
    applications, libraries, and components, all Java based. For web
    services, we have found that the Apache foundation open-source projects
    meet our needs well.
    J2EE Container: Tomcat 5.x
    Web Services Layer: AXIS
    XML<->Java data binding (when not done automatically w/AXIS):
    XMLBeans.

    As for IDEs, your experience level and preferences will make a big
    difference. More important than IDEs is source control/revision
    tracking. How many developers will be working on the system and with
    what type of schedule? CVS is a nice, easy to use, and free option.
    Both Eclipse and NetBeans have excellent CVS support built-in.

    Cheers,
    Noah
    Noah Fiedel, Oct 4, 2005
  4. YaKs

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 03:23:46 -0700, "YaKs" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >if somebody also tell me good reasons to use JAVA instead of .NET I
    >will be very grateful to you.

    The main reason is you don't trust Microsoft. You have been screwed by
    them too many times in past and are not about to hand your balls to
    them on a plate. They have the legal right to pull the plug on Mono
    any time they please if you think that is a safeguard.

    The second reason is you are interested in multiplatform
    implementation on tiny to gigantic machines, not just the Windows
    desktop series. With the coming cellphone and wireless PDA revolution
    the future will require more and more integration of desktop, server
    and wireless machines.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 4, 2005
  5. YaKs

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 09:14:22 -0700, "ziki" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >1) cross platform !
    >2) a lot of open sourse applications (money saving), alot of user
    >manals
    >3) alot of free IDE's (money saving)
    >4) you can choose what webservise container to use
    >
    >you need more reasons ? :)

    5) cheap outsourcing from India, Russia, eastern Europe etc.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 4, 2005