    There are many "w3wp.exe" processes in the server. I think only one hosts the web service that I want to debug. Which one should I debug? Are there any tools to discover the web services that w3wp.exe is hosting?

    Best regards,
    Zhenxin Li
    Zhenxin Li, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Zhenxin Li

    Josh Twist Guest

    That's an interesting question. I'm not sure you can easily tell - I'd
    love to know if there is a way.

    In the meantime, could you not just attach to both processes?

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com
    Josh Twist, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Zhenxin Li

    Zhenxin Li Guest

    Not only two "w3wp.exe" processes. There are many of them...

    Zhenxin Li, Jan 11, 2006
  4. Zhenxin Li

    Martin Kulov Guest

    > "Zhenxin Li" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > There are many "w3wp.exe" processes in the server. I think only one hosts
    > the web service that I want to debug. Which one should I debug? Are there
    > any tools to discover the web services that w3wp.exe is hosting?

    Hi Zhenxin,

    you can query the command line parameters for each w3wp.exe process. IIS
    starts each of them each application pool in a separate process using the
    command line parameter -ap. See two examples of w3wp processes that run on
    my machine.

    c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe -a
    \\.\pipe\iisipmc6c05083-6966-4da1-a466-5ed454345a7c -t 20 -ap
    "RemoteDiskAppPool"

    c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe -a
    \\.\pipe\iisipm241feb80-cbce-4349-9325-7cc0c431b96a -t 20 -ap
    "DefaultAppPool"

    Best,

    --
    Martin Kulov