Which way is faster for a simple web reporting system: django, web.pyor cgi

idev

Hi all,

May be this is a dump question, but it makes me crazy in my research.
I am not a developer but I have experience with web development (PHP)
in a past. Most my activities are around database administration and
design. For most database administration tasks I am using Python. Very
often I need to come up very quickly with web interface or web
application to a database, more then less complicated. The standard
set is:

* speed of the development (I think a framework is the way, but which
one?)
* user authorization (my preferences are sessions)
* form validation for input data
* file uploading
* export data to different format like csv, pdf, xml

For example I need to create a simple reporting system. Using
different filters like HTML drop down lists, radio buttons, check
boxes and etc., I need to generate different output to my team and
managers.

I realize that today is very popular and useful, using a framework.
Which Python framework or solution will be more faster to start (i.e.
for start, usually I have maximum two weeks, if a project looks like a
stable I can get three, four weeks), flexible (i.e. using SQL queries
together with views) and easier in integration: django, web.py, CGI or
something else?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno Desthuilliers

idev a écrit :
[...]

Given your background and requirements, I'd strongly recommand Django.