Whidbey Webproject error

Sankar Nemani

Hi
I am unable to create a web projetc using whidbey. When
I choose "New Web Site" option from File menu, I get this
error saying "Default.js or Default.vbs not found in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Whidbey\Web\WEBPROJWizards\VB\Webs\Application\Scripts\1033
"
I get this when I run Whidbey on Windows XP. And I am able
to create other types of projects OK.

On longhorn, I can't even get whidbey working to open an
existing project or create any project type. It seems like
the error has to do with MSXML 4.0

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sankar Nemani

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Sankar,

Based on my research and experience, the following articles are useful to
this issue. Please check them carefully.

BUG: Mixed Setup (Chinese and English) of Visual Studio .NET Displays
Invalid Visual C# .NET Project in the Project Types List
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821311
"...
When you try to create a Visual C# .NET project, you may receive following
error message:

Default .js or default.vbs not found in <Visual Studio .NET installation
directory>\VC#wizards\CSharpEXEWiz\Scripts\1033
..."

PRB: "Default.js or Default.vbs Not Found" Error Message When You Try to
Create a New Project in Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313515

On the other hand, would you please where you got the Whidbey version?
Currently the newest released version of VS.NET is 2003. Whidbey is the
next version. A beta version is only used for testing. Thank you for your
understanding.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support