WHIFF += Open Flash Charts

Discussion in 'Python' started by Aaron Watters, Sep 17, 2009.

  1. WHIFF (WSGI HTTP Integrated Filesystem Frames) 0.5 released.
    [ WHIFF += Open Flash Charts ]

    The new WHIFF 0.5 release linked from

    http://whiff.sourceforge.net

    includes built in support for Open Flash Charts --
    see documentation at

    http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1100_1600.openFlashCharts

    Its pretty cool, if I do say so myself :).

    It also includes number of enhancements and bugfixes including
    a fairly important performance bugfix.

    What is Open Flash Charts?

    Open Flash Charts (http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart-2/ )
    is an LPGL Flash implementation for a large number of
    attractive and dynamic graphical charts. These charts
    may be used to present numeric data on web pages
    in an attractive, accessible and forceful manner.
    Available chart types include line, bar, scatter, candle stick,
    and radar charts.

    What is WHIFF?

    WHIFF is a collection of support services for Python WSGI
    applications which allows applications to be composed
    by "dropping" dynamic pages into container directories.
    This mode of development will be familiar to developers
    who have created PHP applications, vanilla CGI scripts,
    Apache/modpy Publisher applications, JSP pages, or
    static web content. It is distributed under a BSD
    style open source license.

    The WHIFF implementation significantly generalizes the
    "drop in" paradigm to support WSGI middleware components
    and application fragments as well as stand-alone pages.

    WHIFF provides other services in addition to supporting
    "drop in" components, such as managed application
    resources.

    I created WHIFF to address complexity issues I
    encounter when creating and fixing sophisticated
    Web applications which include complex database
    interactions and dynamic features such as AJAX
    (Asynchronous Javascript And XML).

    Project home page:
    http://whiff.sourceforge.net .
    Documentation index:
    http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W.intro .

    I hope you like it!

    -- Aaron Watters

    ===
    an apple every 8 hours will keep 3 doctors away
    -- kliban
    Aaron Watters, Sep 17, 2009